Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 00:59 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Unfortunately, I cannot speak of other programs as I do not know them well enough not can I speak of the job search in the US. From what I know, having a green card in the States is quite difficult though.

For the UK, you may want to verify if you qualify as a highly skilled migrant at https://www.workpermit.com.

The MiF is not necessarily the best path for you if you plan to do an MBA after as it is (1) more expensive and on par with 1 year MBA costs and (2) will lead you to MBA equivalent jobs. Remember that the average work experience is 6 years so you might be on the short end for this program. You should definitely consider LSE's MSc program though I suspect that following graduation, you would be more likely to get an analyst/senior analyst type of job rather than an associate level job.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 552 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think you will be a favorite for most of the recruitment comp.s in london.

good luck

it is not that difficult to get a workpermit in UK as there is a special scheme for all graduates. you may stay in the uk with a workpermit visa upon your graduation. that's granted by the uk gov. it is up to you whether to stay or not. but you will be allowed to be able to work in the UK. LSE or LBS will put u on a good track in london.

no idea about the US. probably little tougher.

good luck.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
The MiF will not automatically qualify for HSMP scheme and hence, you have to verify how much you score on the workpermit website.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: [#permalink]
Paul wrote:
The MiF will not automatically qualify for HSMP scheme and hence, you have to verify how much you score on the workpermit website.

Hi Paul,

First of all, thank you very much for your information about MIF@LBS for the past 3-4 years.
According to HSMP scheme, My score is below the pass mark (75).
Is there any chance to get a job in UK after graduation?
If not, how about the job prospects in Asia, Middle East, or Europe for the MIF grads.

Many Thanks
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Re: MS(Finance) at London Business School [#permalink]
Blunt, I think a major determining factor on whether you will find a job whilst you don't have the HSMP is whether you have relevant experience pre-MiF. This is by far the most important factor and yes, it is possible. Other factors that will matter are your interview skills, overall health of the economy post-graduation and how long you can sustain living in London post-graduation (high costs). Of course, luck is also a major factor but IMO, you will find it much more difficult without HSMP.

As for jobs in other countries, you will find it difficult as well if you are not stationed in those countries while looking for a job. I believe once again that if you do have relevant experience, the fact of not being in say HK is not too problematic. The really difficult thing is finding your first job after school.

However, everything is possible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Re: [#permalink]
Hi,

As stated before I think you can benefit from IGS (international graduates schemes) after graduation to be able to stay up to 1 year to gain work experience. After 1 year you may switch to HSMP if you are qualified. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Link: https://www.workpermit.com/uk/internatio ... scheme.htm

Blunt wrote:
Paul wrote:

Hi Paul,

First of all, thank you very much for your information about MIF@LBS for the past 3-4 years.
According to HSMP scheme, My score is below the pass mark (75).
Is there any chance to get a job in UK after graduation?
If not, how about the job prospects in Asia, Middle East, or Europe for the MIF grads.

Many Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I just want to enquire about the kind of students get admitted at LBS or LSE, as i want to apply there but i'm having some doubts about it.
I'm looking to apply for MS fin in LBS, LSE, OXford, Queen's college Kingston CANADA. But i'm not sure if my profile is good enough for that.
I've done my b-tech (Computer science) from an indian university, with 65% (non honours), then i have 2 years of work experience (IT) with FIDELITY Info Services, working for yorkshire, clydesdale bank and bank of america.
Will be gving the GMAT, probable score of 700/800(hopefully, look favourable).
i will be giving CFA level 1 in june 2009.
Looking at my average Academic record, Plus the applications will be sent for third round, Shall i apply to the schools i have mentioned here, or i shall look for some other schools which look favourable.
Kindly, tell as to what i should do? and to which schools i shall apply? Little bit confused for the time i'm applying for the MS fin Schools, i mean i'll be applying by january end or february. is that ok?

Thanks a ton for replying to it, and helping me out of this!!!

Regards,
Pankaj
mail:
pankaj.gndu19 AT gmail
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Friends,
Have got admission from LBS,LSE and Cass.My profile is as under -

Bachelor of Commerce with 4 years of experience in a leading Global Investment Bank
GMAT = 740

Would not be going ahead with the Msc since the scenario is not good in UK for employment.I think ISB , IIM A & C (PGPX) are a better bet (look at the cost and benefit ratio)

Rolston
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 129 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools:LBS, Oxford
 Q50  V42
Send PM