Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [1]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Re: better chance of acceptance for reapplicants? [#permalink]
Kudos
Personally I believe that as long the re-applicant shows interest and improvement, he/she has better chances on his/her 2nd attempt.

Here is chat transcrip related to reapplicant advantage/disadvantge to top MBA programs:

https://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... 72002.aspx
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
Also, just looking through Admissions411, you can see alot of reapps having a better second go around.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
terp26 wrote:
fooFighter wrote:
I was dinged by some universities last year. A promotion... salarly increase and year later do you think reapplicants have a higher chance of getting in? how do adcoms treat reapplicants?

This is an age old topic but certainly good to review as people who did not get success this year think about next year. Here are some tips you can do- first if you did interview at a school and were not accepted, it is worth a shot to reach out to the admissions staff in April or May and ask if they have any tips for you in how you might improve your application for next year - and share that you want to reapply. Generally speaking schools will not give feedback, but if you made a connection with someone in admissions and they liked you, it is possible that from asking you might get a clue from them. Also you can look at their stats- are you over or under on GMAT, GPA and work experience? If you are under- try to figure out ways to improve in these areas. Retake the GMAT, improve leadership at work or in community service... find ways to show how you are stronger when you reapply. Also visit the school and talk to students to learn more about the program so that when you do get in front of adcom again, you can show them that you truly know why this school is a good fit for you. Many candidates do have success the second time around- so good luck to all of you who are looking at B schools again in the next year! To have some help in the process, here is a link to Stratus and how we can help you:https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/admissions/business-school-admissions-consulting-gmat-club-visitor/
I would say it depends. According to the BW profiles for Ross. 20% acceptance rate overall, 10% acceptance rate for reapplicants. So that says it is harder. But you have to consider people who got denied the first time all had something wrong with their app so it would depend how "close" they were or not. So if you feel you greatly enhanced your profile, I would say yes, since you really show interest in their program. However , it still all could come down to your demographic/industry profile since those are the people you are competing with.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
I think re-applicants on their face don't necessarily get a better look from schools. In fact I think the onus is on the applicant to prove there has been an improvement in their profile from one year to the next. However, I do think after going through the application cycle and experiencing the process, applicants tend to pull together applications given its their second time around. But the most important factor is showing progress in the quality of your candidacy
GMAT Club Bot