Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Given Kudos:
Re: Any property owners here? [#permalink]
Ideally we'd like to hold onto our property long term because it's in a good location and I have family in the area - that said, we really don't have a choice to sell our place right now. I'm not completely closing the door on it, however; luckily being in DC I'm still hoping the new administration moving in will help the market a bit in the Spring.

Either way - it's definitely a hassle!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
olive wrote:
Ideally we'd like to hold onto our property long term because it's in a good location and I have family in the area - that said, we really don't have a choice to sell our place right now. I'm not completely closing the door on it, however; luckily being in DC I'm still hoping the new administration moving in will help the market a bit in the Spring.

I wouldn't rely too much on new administration helping. If you can not sell it, and have family in the area, why not have someone within your family help you rent it out?
Given Kudos:
89nk wrote:
olive wrote:

I wouldn't rely too much on new administration helping. If you can not sell it, and have family in the area, why not have someone within your family help you rent it out?

It's helping the renting market at least, and the market inside the beltway is not being hit as hard. Traditionally the DC area housing market is more protected than housing markets in other major U.S. cities. However; it's still obviously not good.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
I own a condo in a major city different from where I went to business school and from where I live now. I have not yet used a property manager. I have a real estate broker who will show it to new tenants. That costs me about one month's rent. I also take advantage of the condo management team to take care of small fixes. So far I've been lucky. A property manager can be quite expensive.
GMAT Club Bot