Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 06:33 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Given Kudos:
Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink]
shayne wrote:
olive wrote:
I'm glad to hear everyone had relatively good interview experiences! Shayne - that's definitely a weird comment that your interviewer said. I have no idea why an interviewer would say anything like that, odd!

dunno....beats me :?
I was at a loss of words when he said that. I was like "SERIOUSLY!! SERIOUSLY!!" and then I changed the topic but his remark will stay with me for a long long time. Nonetheless, I am still very excited about the school and I'm really hoping to get in.

Enjoy your trip to Chi town this weekend. Its supposed to be warm (albeit rainy) this weekend. Feel free to PM me if you need any help or directions as I am a local, although I live on the far north west side of the city.

Thanks shayne! I'm already here.. I think the only thing I have planned is to go to hot dougs by the end of the weekend :).
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth
Send PM
olive wrote:
shayne wrote:
olive wrote:
I'm glad to hear everyone had relatively good interview experiences! Shayne - that's definitely a weird comment that your interviewer said. I have no idea why an interviewer would say anything like that, odd!

dunno....beats me :?
I was at a loss of words when he said that. I was like "SERIOUSLY!! SERIOUSLY!!" and then I changed the topic but his remark will stay with me for a long long time. Nonetheless, I am still very excited about the school and I'm really hoping to get in.

Enjoy your trip to Chi town this weekend. Its supposed to be warm (albeit rainy) this weekend. Feel free to PM me if you need any help or directions as I am a local, although I live on the far north west side of the city.

Thanks shayne! I'm already here.. I think the only thing I have planned is to go to hot dougs by the end of the weekend :).

Good choice! I usually get the Pete Shelley.

By the way if I remember correctly they are closed on sundays and close early (like 4:00 pm) on other days too. So you might want to fit that into your schedule.

Enjoy the warm weather!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Is it a good time to share an important update with the Ad Com i.e. post the interview? I havent in the past gotten involved with community services. I now have a chance to spend 3 weeks with an educational not for profit. Is it a good idea to share this update with the adcom?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Cornell Johnson School
 Q51  V44
Send PM
manojrana9 wrote:
Is it a good time to share an important update with the Ad Com i.e. post the interview? I havent in the past gotten involved with community services. I now have a chance to spend 3 weeks with an educational not for profit. Is it a good idea to share this update with the adcom?

If you feel your community service activities were substantial, you could send them an email which will hopefully make your file in time for the final review. I think the Booth admissions office is the most efficient I've encountered - it should make your file quite soon after you send in an update.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Ibanking
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
To those that interviewed a while back, what is your status online? Mine still reads "invite to interview" and I interviewed 6 weeks ago.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Your status will stay "invite to interview" until the decision is released.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 481 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Can you remind me how it works with admission calls vs. status updates for Booth? If admitted, are calls made a few days before the decision date?

Are people ever notified via status update only? If you have to wait all the way to the 26th does it mean an
automatic ding?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Concentration: Economics, Finance, Farm and Ranch Management
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
Can you remind me how it works with admission calls vs. status updates for Booth? If admitted, are calls made a few days before the decision date?

Are people ever notified via status update only? If you have to wait all the way to the 26th does it mean an
automatic ding?

I believe, based on recent history, that calls go out the day before the official notification date and could continue on the notification date, mostly before the 9:00am release time. I don't think they call much earlier than the day before.

I happened to be one of the few (the only?) that didn't get a call before decisions were released. So I went home that evening and started working on R2 apps. The next morning I got the "admit" decision online, called admissions to confirm, and tossed all my other apps-in-progress. ~phew...

So if you're in, there's a high probability that you'll get a call, but they might not get to everyone. There are usually a fair number waitlisted too, and those are released at 9:00am on the decision date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone,

First year Chicago Booth student here. I got a lot of help last year from rhyme (great meeting you at Ida Noyes just now!) on this forum last year and so I'll see if I can answer any questions here.

I remember being called 2 days before the official results day last year. I got one of the first international calls last year. It's a bit tricker for internationals as they have to take the time differences into consideration...I got my call about 7am. But yes, I believe they do try to get to most admits before.

Jann

wedbud wrote:

automatic ding?

I believe, based on recent history, that calls go out the day before the official notification date and could continue on the notification date, mostly before the 9:00am release time. I don't think they call much earlier than the day before.

I happened to be one of the few (the only?) that didn't get a call before decisions were released. So I went home that evening and started working on R2 apps. The next morning I got the "admit" decision online, called admissions to confirm, and tossed all my other apps-in-progress. ~phew...

So if you're in, there's a high probability that you'll get a call, but they might not get to everyone. There are usually a fair number waitlisted too, and those are released at 9:00am on the decision date.
Given Kudos:

automatic ding?

If you check back in this thread you'll be able to see the date people got notified. I got called the day before the notification date - I believe that the day before is the only day they call admits this year? I'm not sure how it worked for international applicants.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q49  V36
Send PM
olive wrote:

automatic ding?

If you check back in this thread you'll be able to see the date people got notified. I got called the day before the notification date - I believe that the day before is the only day they call admits this year? I'm not sure how it worked for international applicants.

I am an international, and I got the following email the day before the decision date (around 5pm CST)

"I hope this finds you well! I wanted to share some good news with you, and due to the time difference, I will be calling you tomorrow between [insert time] CST.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Send PM
the wait is killing!!!!!!!!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Got the phone-a-thon email today..

Quote:
Dear Students:

Chicago Booth Round 2 applicants will be notified of their acceptance decision by March 25th, and as always, we plan to follow admitted calls with student calls through the Phone-a-Thon....

Its getting close.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
Tuesday: Go to class from 8.30-11.30, head downtown, maybe do a little shopping, grab lunch with some friends, have a beer near campus around 4pm and go to class from 6pm-9pm. Go out to Tuesday Night Drinking Club.
Thursday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV. Go out to Thursday Night Drinking Club.

There's a Tuesday Night drinking club AND a Thursday Night Drinking Club? I assume TNDC refers to the Thursday one?

Have you downloaded the new GTA? If so, how is it?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
 Q50  V38
Send PM
I assume there is a WNDC and a MNDC as well:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Send PM
It's funny today early morning i got a dream of Rose calling me to give me the admit news :-)
In my home country, they say the dreams that come to you in the early morning often comes true.
Fingers crossed and praying hard
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10037 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
praz wrote:
It's funny today early morning i got a dream of Rose calling me to give me the admit news :-)
In my home country, they say the dreams that come to you in the early morning often comes true.
Fingers crossed and praying hard

Congrats! :woohoo
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  83   84   85   86   87   88   89  ...  95