Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Human Resources, Operations Management, Media Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Full-time MBA school life at Kellogg, IL [#permalink]
Thank you for the information!!

Are the recruiting, clubs, group meetings mandatory?

Are weekends off?

What exactly are night options? Sorry, but I am new in US so I am not aware of how it works here..

Even I would have preferred staying near the university. But moving is going to be expensive and also far for my hubby. He works late even most of the night...

I would'nt feel safe travelling by metra late in the night. So was just trying to weigh my options.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
Adding to what Rubashov1 said, for incoming first year students in the 2Y program, your first quarter schedule is set for you by the registrar so there's a bit less flexibility. You can make some changes once classes start, but at least one class you take with your section so you can't change when that is scheduled. Starting with the winter quarter, even for core courses there's more flexibility in scheduling classes - subject of course to the times when the course is offered.

In terms of clubs, group meetings and recruiting, clubs aren't technically mandatory but I think it's pretty well expected that everyone will get involved in clubs. They give you a chance to take on leadership roles within the school, provide knowledge on career paths or other areas of interest, and just generally give you an opportunity to build greater relationships with your classmates. Group work is expected - most classes assign a good portion of work to be done in groups so you're going to have to spend time meeting with your group to do those assignments. Recruiting is only mandatory if you need to find a job after you graduate. In short, a full-time MBA program will put huge demands on your time above and beyond the time you spend in the classroom. If you're looking for something a little less time intensive, you may want to consider a part-time program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Thank you for that information. That really helps a lot !
I think a full-time MBA would be better when it comes to placement.

I don't have a problem with an intensive course. I was just a bit concerned because the daily commute is going to steal most of my time. If I can just figure out a way to work around that , I guess I would be good.

Yes of course I would be keen on a job after graduation. So recruitment needs to be in my schedule as well...

Guess ..I will need to move to Des Plaines / Mt Prospect area.. So that it's 25-30 min drive for my hubby & me..

Thanks..
GMAT Club Bot