Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 20:56 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 20:56
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1   2   3   4  ...  19   
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:UNC Kenan-Flagler
GPA: 4.00
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q39  V40
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink]
Quote:
Kenan-Flagler has five core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork. If you could add one value what would it be and why? Be sure to explain how you have lived this value.

Did adcom give any tips on answering this essay?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg, Fuqua, Darden
 Q48  V39
Send PM
I'll be applying in R1 (first non-EA round) in Dec, but I've already started Part I of the application. It may be that this is just the first application that I have filled out, but I thought that this question about other MBA programs was peculiar. Why does KFBS Admissions want to know what other programs to which I'm applying?

Could my answer to this question affect my admissions consideration (either positively or negatively)? Thanks for your help.
Attachments

UNC app question.jpg
UNC app question.jpg [ 25.36 KiB | Viewed 4475 times ]

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
gtg450g wrote:
I'll be applying in R1 (first non-EA round) in Dec, but I've already started Part I of the application. It may be that this is just the first application that I have filled out, but I thought that this question about other MBA programs was peculiar. Why does KFBS Admissions want to know what other programs to which I'm applying?

Could my answer to this question affect my admissions consideration (either positively or negatively)? Thanks for your help.

People have various opinions/guesses about this. Some people say it's because they want to know if they're your safety school. Others say they want to see that the schools your picking make sense (that you're picking schools based on fit). I think a lot of people have decided to selectively answer this question if it's really clear that it's a safety school.

I don't know how they feel about seeing a school like Duke with so many people using KF as a backup to Duke.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg, Fuqua, Darden
 Q48  V39
Send PM
highhopes wrote:
People have various opinions/guesses about this. Some people say it's because they want to know if they're your safety school. Others say they want to see that the schools your picking make sense (that you're picking schools based on fit). I think a lot of people have decided to selectively answer this question if it's really clear that it's a safety school.

I don't know how they feel about seeing a school like Duke with so many people using KF as a backup to Duke.

Thanks a lot. I feel that I have selected a range of schools considering my background (military applicant w/ engineering degree), career goals (desire switch to management consulting), and post-MBA geographic preference (Southeast US). However, KF may look at my list (HBS, Kellogg, Darden, Duke, KF) and be put off. On the other hand, they may be more inclined to "sweeten the pot" by offering fellowships and/or other aid. I really have no good intuition on this.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Yeah, I really don't know what to think. I would probably just answer honestly, if for no other reason than you won't be tripped up in a lie later. They will know by looking at your profile whether it's a safety school for you. I think there's a thread about this somewhere, you might want to search and see if you can find it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
Does KF have a good foothold in Finance related areas as far as placements go? Any thoughts ? :roll:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
snipertrader wrote:
Does KF have a good foothold in Finance related areas as far as placements go? Any thoughts ? :roll:

They seem to place well in the Financial sector based on career placement reports.

https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/Progra ... Functional

All the top firms hire KF graduates.
https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/Progra ... ecruit.cfm
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
Thanks, This is helpful :)
Current Student
Send PM
KF has competition called Alpha challenge where student teams from different b-schools compete on investment strategies.The good news is that the admissions office is sponsoring 5 prospective students to attend this event.

More details at https://www.alphachallenge.com/prospectivestudents.asp

I think this would be good chance for applicants looking at Investment Management as a career option to show their interest in KF.
Current Student
Send PM
Did anyone get a chance to interview?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Duke, UVA, UNC, Georgetown,
 Q44  V42
Send PM
I had my interview on the 9th of this month with an assistant admissions director. Very standard interview, asked about points on my resume, extracurricular activities, post graduation goals. Nothing to surprising.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are the interviews at Kenan-Flagler by initation only ? Or are they interviewing everybody who has started on Part - 1 of their application ?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Duke, UVA, UNC, Georgetown,
 Q44  V42
Send PM
This year they are doing invite only. I got mine after filling out part 1 of my application. I think in previous years they allowed everyone to sign up for an interview, but now being a tad more exclusive because of higher application volumes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 2.97
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
I have my interview tonight, wish me luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Consulting?
Schools:UNC
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Pre777 wrote:
I have my interview tonight, wish me luck.

Good luck!

I had mine on 10/16. I found it to be very pleasant and conversational. Whether I conveyed the proper message is a different story, but it was very relaxed. :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
Anyone tried to schedule a campus visit through the Application Central website? When I logged in this morning it said: "There are currently no visit dates available". I find it hard to believe that there are no dates available even as far out as Feb/March of next year. Would like to visit on Dec 4-7, should I just email the Admissions Office instead? How do campus visits at KF work?
Attachments

KF Visit.JPG
KF Visit.JPG [ 138.23 KiB | Viewed 3729 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:UNC (R1), NCSU (R2), Duke (R2)
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: IT systems management
WE 2: telecom
Send PM
@ariel: it is possible that there are no more dates available for a visit. I used that application in September and the earliest date I could get was a late October. During my campus visit, there were 8-10 people visiting and most of them came for an interview.
Are you a woman? If so, you can register for MBA Women Weekend.
BTW, I have noticed slow responses to my emails too. I have sent one 2 business days ago and still waiting for an answer. A month or two ago, I would get the reply in few hours.
BTW, I am a local candidate, so it's easy for me to go there and visit whenever I feel like.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4  ...  19