Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 08:16 It is currently 01 May 2024, 08:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6513 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: My GMAT strategies [#permalink]
It's just a feeling that I would like to share with you guys..is it normal to be exsited to study for GMAT???? :shock: :? :roll:

Honestly, I cannot wait to finish work and go back home, prepare my coffee and start studying!!

May be cause now with Manhattan, I have a well planned study plan and I know what I have to do. I have homework and materials to cover and deadlines to respect.
When I was studying by my own, most of the times, I used to feel lost and no point of studying cause I was not sure if I'm on the right track!!

anyways, from my experience, if you are a person who has no self-control, an online is the best option for you!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6513 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Wow..that is fabulous news that you are feeling excited to get home and start studying..That's the best way one could tackle this beast!

All the very best..keep the excitement goin' :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
 Q50  V44
Send PM
@MontrealLady

haha wow you are a rare breed of individual indeed. But kudos to you for taking such a positive attitude on studying for the GMAT!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm back!!!

So today I finished doing the exercises in the first chapter, equations. I also went over the chapter about exponents and did all the exercises.

So far the foundation of math book is good!!
what I liked the most is how to factorize big square roots, for example, square root of 1134

Tomorrow I have to finish the chapter on divisibility. I also have my class from2 -5

Good night every one :wink:
Attachments

Summary.xls [22 KiB]
Downloaded 152 times

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1610 [0]
Send PM
I have found the manhattan gmat CAT exam to be harder than the actual gmat prep.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
burnttwinky wrote:
I have found the manhattan gmat CAT exam to be harder than the actual gmat prep.

That's why I'm suprprised with my grade!!
manhattan gives me 500 and real GMAT gives me 410!!!

big difference!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm back!!!

so what's new?
my first online course was on sat...went very well, but the teacher... :evil: :evil:

She keeps making noise every time she talks, so I decided to change my session to the sunday one.

That means my first session (again) will on this sunday. This will give me the time to go over and finish the fundamental of math course...

Things are going great and I wish I registered in Manhattan before 8-)

Today, I'll study fractions and decimal
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone here done the gmat club challange questions?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,

so during the past week, I covered the Manhattan fundamental of math book (9 chapters) except chapter 2 (Beyond equations) and I didn't do the exercises for chapter 3 (word problems).

The book is amazing and very good...i learned many concepts and theories from the OG and Kaplan, yet they were not clear for me; however, in Manhattan book, the explanations are excellent

Hopefully I'm going to do the exsercies in the evening and next saturday, I can do chapter 2.

So as I changed my section to Sunday class, today will be the first class (which I already attended with my old teacher)...so Im not sure if Im doing to attend the whole class.

I'm planning to do a second CAT in 2 or 3 weeks :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Lemme know how the Math Cat goes. I need to continue doin the MGMAT cat exams, they seem to be good practice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,

so Im still following Mnhattan schedule plan; however, I can't finish all the homeowrk assigned. I'm able to do the "general level" as assigned and planning to keep the advanced level work for the weekend

according to the plan, I need 4-5 hours/day to finish the general and advanced work, but I cannot do it. Tha'ts why Im giving the general level my priority.

My concern is when do I have to do over my mistakes, my error log and do some revision?? I'll be studying everyday to catch up with the work and to be up to date with my homework!

result: so far so good...I just don't like the fact that I'm studying for verbal and math at the same time. I prefer studing for each section separetly.

Will be back in a couple of days :) :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
That's what I am doing. It's hard to find time to finish everything while you are still taking the class. I only had time to work on the advanced problems after class, which isnt that good because thats where I prefer to have the 30min tutorial help on.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
burnttwinky wrote:
That's what I am doing. It's hard to find time to finish everything while you are still taking the class. I only had time to work on the advanced problems after class, which isnt that good because thats where I prefer to have the 30min tutorial help on.

so are you also taking an online course? which class so far?
my first class was on sunday.

I prefer to keep the advanced level questions for days when I have energy and able to focus ...that means weekends...but still need to find time to go over my errors and error logs :?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I finished the GMAT course about a 1 1/2 months ago. I have been bad about scheduling a test because I feel that I am not where I need to be. I'd like get in the 710+ range or 40+ verbal and 48+ quant.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I forgot to mention, I took the in person class in houston. I felt the class really helped me in SC and DS, but i didnt feel like it challenged me enough for the 700 level. That will require a lot of my own time to achieve that.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
burnttwinky wrote:
I forgot to mention, I took the in person class in houston. I felt the class really helped me in SC and DS, but i didnt feel like it challenged me enough for the 700 level. That will require a lot of my own time to achieve that.

I heard many ppl saying that Manhattan is good if you are aiming for the 600 range!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I don't have any updates ... Im still able to do the homework as scheduled...but have one tip that I started doing and would like to share it with you

In the past, I used to answer SC questions without writting down any thing, may be underlying the mistakes. Now, when I answer each question, I write in my notebook, why I think the correct answer is correct and why the others are wrong. By using this way, I can remember when I review my answers, 2 months later, why I chose this particular choice.
This is something that I started doing recently and I think that it is a good thing to do :)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2