Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.17
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Ask Clear Admit [#permalink]
Hi,

I'm currently in my senior year of undergrad, majoring in Chemical Engineering. I am an African American male, and currently have a 3.2 gpa(Few extracurriculars-VP of NOBBCHE, member of other organization. Upon graduation, I will be working for the top oil company in the U.S. I am pretty new to this forum, but I am pretty sure that within 5 years of graduation, I will go back to obtain my MBA.

I do understand that my GPA is on the low side. What range of GMAT scores will allow me to become a competitive applicant for the top 10 MBA programs? Also does my GPA put me out of the running for H/S/W?

I appreciate any advice that you can offer.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Send PM
Hi all, as our client work and inquiries have escalated in the run-up to the round 2 deadlines, unfortunately I will not be able to monitor this thread the way I did earlier in the round. For this reason, I kindly request that you send all your inquires to info@clearadmit.com, and there your inquires will be responded to promptly!

Thanks very much and appreciate your understanding.

Best,
Kevin

Kevin Chen
www.clearadmit.com
info@clearadmit.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
please evaluate my profile .....
hi
nationality - indian
specifics - Chemical engineer , junior at college
Gmat - 690 (q 50 , v 34 ) awa -5.0
Gpa - 70% ( top 10 in class ) - college recognised as one of the best for chemical - alot of stress on studies .

work exp -1. 2 month internship at hay management consultancy - analyst position
2. 6 weeks in an investment bank
3. part time job at a branding startup( 4 months ) - working with movie production houses and corporates ( handled individual project worth Rs 2 crores)
4. In process of starting a start up
5. campus placement officer for year 2009-10

6. Project with a professor regarding starting a "green tech " startup

EC- Started the social club in college and was responsible for partly adopting a school for poor
marketing head of inter college festival (event ) - for 2 years handling around 10 teams and managing around 10000 people .
Was responsible for developing the festival into a recognisable entity .
Volunteered in cancer hospital for 4 weeks
Was selected as a top 200 student from 2 lakhs students in physics in india .
Active equity trader

sports - captain of school basketball team for 3 years
member of college basketball team for 3 years
member of cricket team since first year of college

Schools - Hbs 2+2( dream school ) , Iese Ytp , Wharton , Lbs( mim)

career goal - want to work 5-10 years in consultancy/ i bank . then go into venture captitalism and also start an car manufacture company . Harvard has been my dream school since the age i am able to say harvard .
Gmat is less but , prepared only for 15 days de to lack of time .
would be really grateful if you could evaluate my profile and give me some insights on how to improve it .
please please give me insights on how to improve my profile

sincerely
hbs aspirant
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi ClearAdmit,

Could you please advice on my profile please:

QUALIFICATION (Don\'t know how to put % into GPA)
---------------
1. Name of highest degree : Master of Computer Application Degree (3 Year Postgraduation) 1st Class
2. PGMCA (Post graduate diploma in Computer application) a professional course i did along with
Degree and got 94%
3. OCP (Oracle certified Professional web developer) Professional certification from Oracle , got 95%
4. OCA (Oracle certified Associate dsatabase administrator) Professional certification from Oracle 95%

GMAT score : 680
------------

Work Experience
-------------------
No. of years : 6.5
Industry/Industries : IT
Current role/position : Module Leader

6.5 Years in IT.Worked for 2 years in india and 4.5 years in UK.
Working for Biggest vehicle leasing company in UK on behalf of my empyoer (An Indian MNC).Our Software made them the no one company in UK.

CAREER PROGRESSION
-------------------
In span of 6.5 years covered and played the below role.

Trainee -> Programmer -> Senior Programmer -> Business change Owner -> Solution Architect-> Onsite cordinator -> Lead Functional Expert -> Module leader.

Played roles in team work and grooming and leading resources.
At time guiding and managing resources who were senior to me.
Work involved very stong analytical skills and handling critical business issue.For example analysing system technically and functionally and getting the system fixed for around £36 million and so.

Got 2 awards and 2 client nominations and appreciation for communication skills and business/professional attitude.
Also was top 20 employee of the year in my company which is an MNC spread across 8 countries.

RECOMMENDATION
-------------------
Will get solid recomendation letter form my Employer and Clients

GMAT SCORE :
-------------
Not yet given but hoping to crack a 680 score if not more.

Extra curicular/Charity/more info : (Not sure if this is importatn but thought to mention)
-----------------------
Charity sponsors.
Financing a girl child in India for her education and promoting the same.

Enjoy Reading, Movies, Intellectual discussions, cooking, Yoga Addict , gym and love to learn interesting facts, Trekking and camping(Have trekked special force commandos ).

Have a good sense of humour and Gel well with people.
Father was in Indian Navy so got transferred to places every 2-3 years.This gave me opportunity to meet and learn a lot about kinds of people and culture and gave me lot of soft skills.
Saw Iran Iraq war when i was a 5 years old during father\'s transfer to Iranian embassy. Having seen navy life for most of my life makes me very discipline and adventurous as well.

I am looking for Top 10 MBA schools in UK (Cranfeild, Manchester business school, London Business school ....) Do i stand a chance ? Or what colleges should i aim for then ? what score will put me in lead? I have a second class graduate degree but a first class Postgraduate degree, so does my second class graduate degree matters when i am a postgraduate already in technology? While degree i gave most of the attention to Postgraduate computer diploma and did excellent in it.

Please advice as no one is giving me a right direction.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4