Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:17 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT prep in ONE week - suggestions? [#permalink]
Thanks for your quick replies.

About myself: I am a Bachelor student in Germany, my program is taught mostly in English and no, there is no chance to retake the test. This is my only shot...Procrastination pays its tribute now :-( I sat the TOEFL in Mexico and scored a 115/120 w/o any preparation. Actually, I like the type of questions asked in TOEFL/GMAT...

I attended a high school with a mathematics and science focus, DS and PS should be fine. I tackled most of the last OG12 questions in these categories (5 mistakes on the last 40). However, in SC I had some serious flaws yesterday (last 40 questions in OG12 with 15 mistakes, last 35 questions in OG Verbal with 12); the easier ones posed no problem (95% correct).

Today, the first 40 CR came with 3 mistakes (90+%), let's see what the other 120 will bring ;-)).

I gave a knewton°org diagnostic and got a 590 score, with good scores in math and mediocre verbal ones. However, I cannot give you the exact %iles b/c my trial at knewton has expired . How can I interpret that one? I have the feeling that they score you low so that you more or less guaranteed make the 50pts bump and they don't have to pay you back.

I will prob'ly take a GMAT Prep tomorrow and Sunday, the one tomorrow w/o AWA. On Sunday I will focus on SC/CR again, to lift that score a bit. Do you think that is too much for Sunday?

Kind regards,
Sven
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I envy your positive attitude and confidence!

I will be applying for an msc as well. What course are you applying for?

And what did you do in Germany? Fachhochschule?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey MathFear,

haha, this attitude is just a façade; beyond that, I am deeply concerned about my scores and hope for the 650+ :-).
I'm at WHU (www°whu°edu) near Koblenz and apply for MSc in Business & Economics at SSE in Sweden and some other schools...Are you from Germany?

To the others: I scored 36/40 between OG12 CR questions 41 and 80, including. Looks like I should focus on that damn SC on Sunday. Arghs!

Tschö mit Ö
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
i would do the last questions in OG in each section b/c those are the hardest.

bigtaurus wrote:
Hey MathFear,

haha, this attitude is just a façade; beyond that, I am deeply concerned about my scores and hope for the 650+ :-).
I'm at WHU (www°whu°edu) near Koblenz and apply for MSc in Business & Economics at SSE in Sweden and some other schools...Are you from Germany?

To the others: I scored 36/40 between OG12 CR questions 41 and 80, including. Looks like I should focus on that damn SC on Sunday. Arghs!

Tschö mit Ö
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
bigtaurus wrote:
Hey MathFear,

Tschö mit Ö

Well your results confirm your facade though :D

I am sure you will do great!

No, I am not from Germany. I am from your neighbouring country. The Netherlands.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Alright, I've finally finished all the CR questions in OG12; 81-100 with 7 mistakes (something went wrong there) and 101-124 with 4 mistakes. Each problem was solved within 2:00 minutes, which is not the best, but acceptable in my stage ;-).

Is there anyone of the experienced GMATters out there, that could "evaluate" my performance?

Will go for a jog now (-11°C here in Germany) :-)

Thanks for all your help!
Sven
GMAT Club Bot