Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:07 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology
Schools:HBS, Stanford, Haas, Booth, Columbia
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
Re: BEST FRUSTRATION RELIEF IDEAS???? [#permalink]
sadly i've turned to eating...this plus my workout time being cutback in lieu of apps has made me not feel so sexy. this process is taxing on all fronts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Cornell, Haas, USC, Tepper
Send PM
I honestly do not even want to apply to apply to bschool this cycle anymore. I feel like my essays would be much better next year. I just decided to apply to bschool after doing well on my gmat. Not really thinking things out. I do not even really like the programs I am applying to anymore.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
I hear you. Working on the Chicago Powerpoint, for example, has made me want to trash the entire application altogether. I feel discouraged about all my essays. Haven't been to the gym in weeks. I'm trying to chalk it all up to end-of-round burn-out, though. Just a little longer, y'all! We can do this!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
2012dreams: hope you are staying healthy and eating up to your avatar ;-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:R2: MIT (ding), Stanford (WL w/int), Wharton (WL w/ int), Emory (admitted!)
 Q48  V41
Send PM
DITTO!! I dont want to read my essays anymore and I still need to finish some :S :S :S.

MY MOTIVATION IS THAT THIS REALLY IS THE LAST STEP! After the gmat studying, the research, the preparation, etc etc etc... this is the last step!!!!

Listen to an upbeat song! Dance a little! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iBqhMfyoPU&feature=fvst

... and continue working. Remember there are probably A LOT of people exactly like us right now.

GOOD LUCK! GO GO GO!
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Aenigma wrote:
I hear you. Working on the Chicago Powerpoint, for example, has made me want to trash the entire application altogether. I feel discouraged about all my essays. Haven't been to the gym in weeks. I'm trying to chalk it all up to end-of-round burn-out, though. Just a little longer, y'all! We can do this!

Hilarious. The PPT was actually what made me post this but after getting 90% done, I think that they look great and I am encouraged to go make my essays better because of it. Anyways, I think that I was in a slump as I am sure many of you have been/are in. I am on a roll now so no moping for the time being.

Don't worry though, I will be back on here when the red bull wears off.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
justniky wrote:
DITTO!! I dont want to read my essays anymore and I still need to finish some :S :S :S.

MY MOTIVATION IS THAT THIS REALLY IS THE LAST STEP! After the gmat studying, the research, the preparation, etc etc etc... this is the last step!!!!

Listen to an upbeat song! Dance a little! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iBqhMfyoPU&feature=fvst

... and continue working. Remember there are probably A LOT of people exactly like us right now.

GOOD LUCK! GO GO GO!

"Please don't be a rick-roll... please don't be a rick-roll..." *click*
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Forgot the topic for a second.

My Tip for frustration is:

BOXING!

I went and punched my friends bag and it really helped. I am exhausted now but at least I won't demolish my macbook or submit my application prematurely out of want to rid myself of the burdens of completion.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
 Q48  V36
Send PM
asimov wrote:
oh man, if only I won't get banned from typing the first thing on my mind ;-)

Ha ha! couldn't think of getting up from the table while working on my essays let alone climbing on the bed!

My suggestion - Pump iron like crazy and then have a swedish massage.

Unplugged
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
aj1545 wrote:
Aenigma wrote:

Hilarious. The PPT was actually what made me post this but after getting 90% done, I think that they look great and I am encouraged to go make my essays better because of it. Anyways, I think that I was in a slump as I am sure many of you have been/are in. I am on a roll now so no moping for the time being.

Good for you, and good luck!

My PPT looks like a rabid chihuahua ate my mom's scrapbook of all my travels and accomplishments... and then vomited it onto a pastel-colored middle-school cafeteria tray. If a toddler scribbled on it in crayon it would probably look better.

Sigh.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Aenigma wrote:
aj1545 wrote:
Aenigma wrote:

My PPT looks like a rabid chihuahua ate my mom's scrapbook of all my travels and accomplishments... and then vomited it onto a pastel-colored middle-school cafeteria tray. If a toddler scribbled on it in crayon it would probably look better.

Sigh.

That description was hilarious. I am pretty sure that I know exactly what it looks like. I'm sure you will edit a few things and it will go from crayola to art deco in no time. There always is a fine line between crazy and great.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
asimov wrote:
oh man, if only I won't get banned from typing the first thing on my mind ;-)

hhahahaha....
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Aenigma wrote:
aj1545 wrote:
Aenigma wrote:

Sigh.

That sounds *awesome*
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
justniky wrote:

GOOD LUCK! GO GO GO!

I see you and raise you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCbO-3hjPok

Always calms me down.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
Not particularly creative but I have found that drinking a couple glasses of red wine helps immensely 8-)

Although it renders me sleepy and useless for essay-writing so it's not recommended for a night when you need to buckle down.
GMAT Club Bot