Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 12:22 It is currently 20 May 2024, 12:22
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1635 [4]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: 640 -> 700, 4 weeks of Blood, Sweat and Tears [#permalink]
Hey,
Congrats on your score!
I just wrote mine yesterday, got a 640 like you did the first time around.

My verbal score was really low, I usually do a lot better. Did you use MGMAT to prepare for your first exam?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1635 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
thanks so much!

tarun wrote:
Interesting tipsy tips.

Your score in 5 MGMAT test scores give impression that these tests, perhaps are a bit more difficult that the real one.

Can you kindly share your experience with MGMAT tests?

Good luck with you apps.

tarun, MGMAT tests is definitely worth taking and highly recommended. After official prep tests and the quant challenges here, MGMAT is the best source of budget-practice available (though not an exact metric, as I feel that they try to keep it a tad tougher than the real test and have a limited pool of questions). But hey, when u get any of their guides, u get free access to the tests, so it is real bang for the buck (and for the really budget conscious ones, amazon kindle sells the guides for a much cheaper price + u don't have to worry about the international shipping either! catch is to provide receipt etc. to mgmat support for the access to the tests etc.).

ggmatt wrote:
Could you please post the link to the SC questions collection by Sodenso.

ggmatt,
It's there in one of the threads... guess i wouldn't harm to re-upload if it helps u... so attaching it along

lunasea29 wrote:
My verbal score was really low, I usually do a lot better. Did you use MGMAT to prepare for your first exam?.

It wasn't mgmat alone (had also gone through the Princeton review), but yes, the mgmat sc guide is a strong foundation. For RC, last few weeks, at the rate of 1-2 RC everyday. Few more for CR.
Do supplement it with other sources. You already have experience with the real test and know where you need to cover up on...

let me know in case of any follow-up queries and I'll try to be regular with answers amid the new-yr parties, apps, and work....
Attachments

SC_Toghies_OA.doc [230 KiB]
Downloaded 291 times

SC_Toghies.doc [351.5 KiB]
Downloaded 465 times

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2433 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Congratulations gmattokyo!

Kudos to your persistence!

And amazing tipsy tips, can totally relate to them..:-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for posting the documents gmattokyo
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gmattokyo wrote:
thanks so much!

tarun wrote:
Interesting tipsy tips.

Your score in 5 MGMAT test scores give impression that these tests, perhaps are a bit more difficult that the real one.

Good luck with you apps.

tarun, MGMAT tests is definitely worth taking and highly recommended. After official prep tests and the quant challenges here, MGMAT is the best source of budget-practice available (though not an exact metric, as I feel that they try to keep it a tad tougher than the real test and have a limited pool of questions). But hey, when u get any of their guides, u get free access to the tests, so it is real bang for the buck (and for the really budget conscious ones, amazon kindle sells the guides for a much cheaper price + u don't have to worry about the international shipping either! catch is to provide receipt etc. to mgmat support for the access to the tests etc.).

ggmatt wrote:

ggmatt,
It's there in one of the threads... guess i wouldn't harm to re-upload if it helps u... so attaching it along

lunasea29 wrote:
My verbal score was really low, I usually do a lot better. Did you use MGMAT to prepare for your first exam?.

It wasn't mgmat alone (had also gone through the Princeton review), but yes, the mgmat sc guide is a strong foundation. For RC, last few weeks, at the rate of 1-2 RC everyday. Few more for CR.
Do supplement it with other sources. You already have experience with the real test and know where you need to cover up on...

let me know in case of any follow-up queries and I'll try to be regular with answers amid the new-yr parties, apps, and work....

Hey Gmattokyo
Thanks for the posting and your replies. How did you deal with fatigue during the exam? I posted my experience in GMAT Experience forum, please feel free to take a look at it if you are interested.
took-my-gmat-got-640-need-some-advice-88535.html

I personally felt burned out by verbal, so I didn’t perform as well as I should have.

Where did you get the 1000 series for CR and RC? So you advise for RC is to do 1 or 2 passage per day, to get use to it? I personally was thinking that I need to do more practice exam, out of all the mock exams, I have just attempted to write it once from start to finish, including the AWA section, that could have been one of my downfalls.

Did you feel like the score you got on verbal on MGMAT was higher than your GMATPrep? I getting like 35, 36 on my MGAMT, but for the GMATPREP, I got much lower scores, in the low 30s, I felt like MGMAT exaggerated my verbal score, maybe I’m wrong.

Thanks so much for answering, I’m glad you got this over and done with, enjoy the rest of your year!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1635 [0]
Send PM
lunasea29 wrote:
gmattokyo wrote:
thanks so much!

tarun wrote:
Interesting tipsy tips.

Good luck with you apps.

ggmatt wrote:

ggmatt,

lunasea29 wrote:

Hey Gmattokyo
Thanks for the posting and your replies. How did you deal with fatigue during the exam? I posted my experience in GMAT Experience forum, please feel free to take a look at it if you are interested.
took-my-gmat-got-640-need-some-advice-88535.html

I personally felt burned out by verbal, so I didn’t perform as well as I should have.

Where did you get the 1000 series for CR and RC? So you advise for RC is to do 1 or 2 passage per day, to get use to it? I personally was thinking that I need to do more practice exam, out of all the mock exams, I have just attempted to write it once from start to finish, including the AWA section, that could have been one of my downfalls.

Did you feel like the score you got on verbal on MGMAT was higher than your GMATPrep? I getting like 35, 36 on my MGAMT, but for the GMATPREP, I got much lower scores, in the low 30s, I felt like MGMAT exaggerated my verbal score, maybe I’m wrong.

Thanks so much for answering, I’m glad you got this over and done with, enjoy the rest of your year!

Hi lunasea29, I've seen similar verbal experience with few others in the club too. I think it is trouble if we get complacent with the official GMAT verbal prep scores. Don't think that mgmat verbal is any easier that gmac-prep though... but both are old now and need to revised I think.

The 1000 CR and RC I'd downloaded from one of the preparation sites, I'll email if you want to try those?

1-2 RC and few more CR everyday was during the last few weeks leading to the test (and I was selective to pick only the ones which looked difficult). Before the first attempt I had assigned evenings (like wed-thu is verbal, sun-mon quant, sat-mock) so at that time it was more quantity.

For fatigue, plenty of rest the day before the test (at least a sound sleep). And as you doing, taking the complete test, including AWA section. I did it for almost all the preps.

thanks and all the best to you too!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Very helpful study tips. Error log time for me...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
awesome score ..congrats ..good advise
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
great post and congratulations!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73282 [0]
Given Kudos: 18987
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
And thank you for sharing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1635 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
And thank you for sharing.

Thanks bb and to everyone else too.
The complete credit for the jump and confidence in quant scores goes to gmatclub tests. So guyz, don't skip that!
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3609 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Nice tips.