Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 10:42 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 10:42
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 585 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: MC, PE, VC
 Q50  V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS, Booth, Stern, Kellogg
 Q42  V48
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Top B-School
Send PM
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
pudgethefish wrote:
Another day, another lack of interview invite ... *sigh* ... FML!

I was JUST about to update the thread with similar sentiments. Thank goodness the forum is relatively anonymous. I am much better at hiding my anxiety in real life. :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
That Rose post from yesterday should put you at ease. Think about it. If they only just got halfway through R2 applications and assuming they get most of their apps in R2 and they received a bunch more apps this year than they did last year, we're talking as many as 1500 applications that haven't yet been decided. I can rest pretty easy knowing there's a good chance we're in with those non-finalized apps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
coakleym wrote:
That Rose post from yesterday should put you at ease. Think about it. If they only just got halfway through R2 applications and assuming they get most of their apps in R2 and they received a bunch more apps this year than they did last year, we're talking as many as 1500 applications that haven't yet been decided. I can rest pretty easy knowing there's a good chance we're in with those non-finalized apps.

i agree and think that rose is telling the truth (unlike some other schools). booth i think has got its admissions process down pat (in addition to some other schools).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth c/o 2012
Send PM
Kudos
Please add me to the roll call. I was losing faith since my application went "complete" awhile ago, but I guess the evaluations are truly random. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Submitted 01/05
Complete 01/14
Interview Invite 02/03 (around 9am CST)

26 / M / 770 / 3.9 / 4.5 years IB/PE
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [10]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
Kudos
Dear Booth,

Thank you for sending me your latest edition of the "Admissions Insider" e-newsletter. It in no way exacerbated my recent onset of cardiac arrhythmia to see an e-mail from the admissions office and, if anything, I actually found the colorful image of the Winter Garden very soothing -- which is not to say I have been in any way agitated of late. Not at all. Despite occasional bouts of compulsive "refreshing" behaviors and a mildly disruptive forum addiction, I assure you I am an entirely sane and stable individual who is supremely well-suited to your program. Not that I'm thinking about your school on a second-to-second basis. Haha! No! I assure you I have much more interesting pursuits... please see my PowerPoint collage for reference. (You did get my PowerPoint, right?) In fact, the density of relaxing words such as "Interview" and "Admissions" and "the" in your e-mail enabled me to practically forget that I had even applied to your esteemed program and drift instead on fluffy daydream clouds of hanging out in the booth table of a restaurant, enjoying rosemary-seasoned roast with a glass of sparkling Martinelli's cider... this is in no way subliminal or associated with the "Liquidity Preference Function" I may or may not be conducting alone at my desk due to application-related stress... I could go on and on but I'm afraid my two-minute break from refreshing GMAT Club is over and I am nothing if not committed to my important work here. Please see my resume for further detail. (You did get my resume, right?)

Thanks again. I really look forward to the next edition!

Yours, body and soul (whatever you want, really),
Aenigma
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia Wharton Booth
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 Engineering
Send PM
LOL! Too funny! I am happy I am not alone....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: MC, Entrepreneurship, GM
Schools:Tuck class of 2012
 Q50  V42
WE 1: 2 years market development (public)
WE 2: 5 years corporate finance (private)
Send PM
Same here :evil: These e-mails are hard for the heart!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Stanford R1, Wharton R1 w/int, Chicago R1, HBS R2
Send PM
Kudos
[quote="Aenigma"]Dear Booth,

Thank you for sending me your latest edition of the "Admissions Insider" e-newsletter. It in no way exacerbated my recent onset of cardiac arrhythmia to see an e-mail from the admissions office and, if anything, I actually found the colorful image of the Winter Garden very soothing -- which is not to say I have been in any way agitated of late. Not at all. Despite occasional bouts of compulsive "refreshing" behaviors and a mildly disruptive forum addiction, I assure you I am an entirely sane and stable individual who is supremely well-suited to your program. Not that I'm thinking about your school on a second-to-second basis. Haha! No! I assure you I have much more interesting pursuits... please see my PowerPoint collage for reference. (You did get my PowerPoint, right?) In fact, the density of relaxing words such as "Interview" and "Admissions" and "the" in your e-mail enabled me to practically forget that I had even applied to your esteemed program and drift instead on fluffy daydream clouds of hanging out in the booth table of a restaurant, enjoying rosemary-seasoned roast with a glass of sparkling Martinelli's cider... this is in no way subliminal or associated with the "Liquidity Preference Function" I may or may not be conducting alone at my desk due to application-related stress... I could go on and on but I'm afraid my two-minute break from refreshing GMAT Club is over and I am nothing if not committed to my important work here. Please see my resume for further detail. (You did get my resume, right?)

Aenigma[/quote]

Hahaha. Awesome. Based on this alone, I think you should get in... not that that means anything at all whatsoever. Hope you enter the next phase of waiting soon.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools:Stanford '12
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Wall Street Finance
WE 2: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
shana22 wrote:
mbasc2010 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just received my invite! Does anyone know whats the best hotel to stay at (that's closest to campus but in a safe area...). Also, which airport is it better to fly into or does it not matter?

Oh and my app went to "complete" on jan 12th.

Thanks!

I also would like suggestions on hotels if anyone has them. Near campus would be great (it's nice not having to bring your suitcase to campus/the interview) but if there are no good options then downtown is fine too.

I suggest downtown, Hyde Park doesn't have any good hotels imho. Club Quarters is generally reasonably priced.

agreed. i usually use trip advisor and review the locations using gmap. there are a few good hotels downtown that seem reasonably priced ($90-140) including Club Quarters. thanks for the direction.

also check out: https://www.uchicago.edu/about/accommodations.shtml

and again. good luck to all still waiting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Strategic Management/Corp Innovation:Healthcare/Biotech/Pharma
Schools:Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Send PM
Aenigma wrote:
Dear Booth,

Aenigma

Awesome! you are not alone....lol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
kinokosarada wrote:

I got the same email THRICE. :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Top B-School
Send PM
Aenigma wrote:
Dear Booth,

Aenigma

Hahahaha!

*Drops Dead*
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
 Q42  V48
Send PM
woncosmo wrote:
kinokosarada wrote:

I got the same email THRICE. :roll:

Seriously, what a tease. Hey, maybe only people who are still up for consideration got the admissions insider email :) I like that rumor!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
I checked this forum thrice to see when people would start complaining about these emails....and behold!!! Much better than expected.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got an invite for interview. App went complete on the 22nd
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Kudos
Got an interview invite! :) Is this interview blind if done on-campus? (do they have access to your application/essays or just your resume?)

Btw, I'd be willing to practice interviews via Skype/telephone for those in USA from 2/8 onwards (I'm out of town for work). PM if you're interested.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
 Q42  V48
Send PM
Kudos
thisisgettingtome wrote:
Just got an invite for interview. App went complete on the 22nd

Congrats!

I'm still sitting with an inbox full of broken dreams. Le sigh. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  67   68   69   70   71  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts