Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 03:09 It is currently 01 May 2024, 03:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, International Business, Strategy
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:HEC-Paris, Tepper-CMU, Berkley-Haas
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Schools:INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Congratulatations to all who got through! I have applied for R4 Sep 10 intake and submitted the application on 8th March.
I've received an online confirmation with an ID. However, I want to know if the AdCom also sends a notification that all supporting documents have also been received?
Would appreciate if someone can provide an answer.

Cheers,
SH
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
hsourabh wrote:
Congratulatations to all who got through! I have applied for R4 Sep 10 intake and submitted the application on 8th March.
I've received an online confirmation with an ID. However, I want to know if the AdCom also sends a notification that all supporting documents have also been received?
Would appreciate if someone can provide an answer.

Cheers,
SH

Call them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools:HEC,Paris
 Q49  V25 GMAT 2: 690  Q48  V37
Send PM
Just finished my MBA Interviews. The first interview was in person , the other was via phone. both went quite well, though i received no feedback at the end of either.
So hoping for the best.......
The results should be out by the end of this week I think.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: IB
Schools:INSEAD 2010, HEC 2010
 Q49  V38
Send PM
nitronori41 wrote:
Just finished my MBA Interviews. The first interview was in person , the other was via phone. both went quite well, though i received no feedback at the end of either.

Good luck then.
What's your profile? Nitronori....Haga?
Best
mp
Intern
Intern
Send PM
maxpeed wrote:
nitronori41 wrote:

Good luck then.
What's your profile? Nitronori....Haga?
Best
mp

Thanks
glad to know there are racing enthusiasts on gmatclub.........He certainly is my favourite rider.....

@ my profile....I am 25, 4 years Work-ex, Automotive design engineer.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got the email from HEC.......
I got in!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :o :o :o
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi!!

Congratulations to everyone who got an admit in this round, I also did it.

It looks like that it is necessery to make the payment before March 24th. This is fast!I went into the intranet and there, where you are have to go to accept the offer someting appears as the "likelihood" of your acceptance to the offer. I understand that you have the chance of decline it. Can somebody explain what exactly means this:

"Review and edit your Offers information:
Please note that any changes you make on this screen are NOT permanent.

You may, at any time, re-activate a declined offer. These settings are here to allow your profile to better reflect your intentions at HEC MBA Program and to allow you to find information and contacts that are of interest to you."

Is it that I can decline initially the offer and then reactivate the offer and accept it letter than the 24th??

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business, Strategy
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
First of all, congrats to nitronori, pimientaysal, and any other admits!

Clarification - Pimientaysal, the intranet offer acceptance/declination is just a soft way of accepting or declining. If your offer states that you have to pay the deposit by March 24th, then to reserve your spot in the class, you will have to submit your funds by that time. However to me, that seems a bit early. My round and many after mine mentioned that they had one month from the offer date to submit their deposit. I would email Nolwenn and ask her if March 24th is indeed the correct deadline.

Also, the other thing you will have to do on the intranet if you decide to accept is to submit your housing form. The paid deposit + filled-out housing form is what puts you on the list for on-campus housing (Expansiel).

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EggWhitesOnly wrote:
First of all, congrats to nitronori, pimientaysal, and any other admits!

Clarification - Pimientaysal, the intranet offer acceptance/declination is just a soft way of accepting or declining. If your offer states that you have to pay the deposit by March 24th, then to reserve your spot in the class, you will have to submit your funds by that time. However to me, that seems a bit early. My round and many after mine mentioned that they had one month from the offer date to submit their deposit. I would email Nolwenn and ask her if March 24th is indeed the correct deadline.

Also, the other thing you will have to do on the intranet if you decide to accept is to submit your housing form. The paid deposit + filled-out housing form is what puts you on the list for on-campus housing (Expansiel).

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much whiteeggs.

It helps, I read incorrectly the email, it says that the application for scholarships need to be submitted by March 24th...I will contact the person you mention to getmore details.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, this is my first post. And would like to start off by congratulating all the candidates who were accepted!!

I'm actually getting ready to start prepping for the GMAT. I'm 26 years old and manage a family business along with my brother. Learning a lot of valuable skills in leadership and management, but I've been yearning to go back to school, get a business degree and at the same time live in Paris and see what opportunities are out there for me. A part of me is reluctant to leave the comfort of being part of a family company and the financial stability that it brings (because we all know the economic crisis is nowhere easy on the pockets) but a bigger part of me knows that I have to break away from my comfort zone and challenge myself. So that's what I'm going to do :-D

So, there you go. A little bit about me since you're all pretty much acquainted with each other on this forum :-D :-D

Anyway, It would really help out a great deal if some you could give me an idea on your GMAT scores, GPA averages, know french, age, and years of professional experience. I'm very curious to know if my scores are comparable to the applying students at all the grandes ecoles of Paris.

merci et bisou.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey,buddies:

First of all, largest congs to all admits.

Now I'm considering the Jan Intake, but suffering from the crude graph of curriculum structure. It looks candidates have to choose between Internship and Exchange in last term,right?

Wish someone could lend a hand at the point. Thank in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I've been accepted for september but still didn't totally make my decision.

Did somebody make any research and found out some detail about the Scholarship granting process in HEC ?

Is there any publicated list giving the total amount granted and between how many student it is split ?

It seems that most of the student I see on forum actually receive scholarship for HEC so I was wondering if the whole 45 K€ tuition fees was just a way to show higher education fees on the paper and attract students (kind of luxury marketing : Our MBA worth 45 but as you are an EXCEPTTIONNNAL candidate we would be happy to welcome you for the modest amount of .... ) or if this shows a peculiar interest of the school for some students for any reason.

Thanks ,

Jiang
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi JiangNan,

HEC granted 1.3 millions euros scholarships to its students in 2007 (Grande Ecole, MBA, PHD, MS). No official figure is pointed out for the amount of scholarships granted to MBA students alone.

For 2008-2013, HEC has the objective to raise 100 millions euros funds in order to:
1) finance more scholarships to attract worldwide talent
2) recruit 50 more worldwide class professors in its faculty (most of them will be non French)
3) invest in the real estate (a new MBA building will be built by 2012, unfortunately for the 2010 intake students, we are not able to study in the new building)

For the moment, 40 millions euros funds have aleady been raised. This year, HEC has strengthened its MBA career services team by recruiting 3 new experienced professionals.

The fund raising aims to keep HEC competitive face to the most prestigious european MBA programs. The recent annual budget of HEC is 98 millions euros (150 millions for INSEAD and 140 millions for LBS). HEC aims to beat its competitors in 5 years in terms of the budget.

Generally speaking, each year about 50% students receive a scholarship. The earlier you apply, the more chance you have to get a scholarship. The average of a scholarship is around 10 k€. The criteria to grant a scholarship are based on the overall strength of the application of the candidate, so having a GMAT>700 does not guarantee you to have a scholarship; and with a GMAT<700, you will be granted a scholarship if the other parts of your application are excellent.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Coolsnow,

Thanks for the answer I see you made some research yourself and more efficiently than myself.

I take that the last part on scholarship only concerns MBA students and is answering my question. So if the average is 10 Ke and half of the student got, it means that HEC estimates that the perfect average student should receive 5 K€ scholarship. If you got more than this they think you reasonably have a face added value for the program according to the committee in charge of the decision.

The other figures on global budget are hard to use since the schools have different number of students, are located in different areas... hard to obtain comparable if we just look at gross number but nevertheless the facts are interesting by themself.

-Investment in career service is a good point,
- new professor we dont know how many left and if they did increase the number of students at the same time but at least means they certainly to improve faculty,
-New building , I would just say that I visited the school and comparatively to other MBA program it is a good idea to change the building.

Would you mind to share your sources ?

Maybe see you in september,

Jiangnan
Intern
Intern
Send PM
As I live in Paris, I got the scholarship info directly from the school, the students and alumni I know. But I suggest you not make an average for the scholarship granting and link the amount of the scholarship granted to a candidate with his/her quality. It's not because you are not granted the average amount of the scholarship that you don't have added value for the class. Every admitted candidate has his / her own added value in the eyes of the adcom.
For instance, for two same profiles with the same strengths in their applications, one can be granted a scholarship and the other one nothing just because they have applied to different rounds (ex: round 1 vs round 4). HEC greatly appreciates candidates who apply early. The adcom sees on these admitted candidates well-prepared, have a clearer professional goal, etc... There are also other factors that influence the granting of a scholarship (country in which you are working for some need based scholarships, etc...).

For the other info, all my sources are in French. As I have not reached 5 posts, I'm not authorized to post website links here. If you are insterested, pm your email address.

Maybe, see you later in Paris.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Coolsnow,

French will not be a problem for me, I ll pm my mail adress.

I perfectly understand your reasoning and I think it s quite true on an one per one basis. I dont mean by saying what i said that some candidates worth less than other and deserve less their seat than other in the program , my only point was to know how recurrent is the granting of scholarship for HEC (E.G INSEAD doesnt give that much of scholarship from what I heard).

And yes the criteria are mutiple, but still they don't throw coin ( I think) to decide who will receive a scholarship or not.

As any decision maker they certainly make their choice according to what they expect to be the most favorable outcome for the program in term of marketing and investment return. For example they clearly give scholarship for women because it can help them to rise they percentage of women in the program which is an information they advertise on, and that is included in some ranking. In the same way emerging country scholarship help people that would have more difficulty to finance the program than let say the average british candidate and at the same time it helps the program to promote the diversity which is the main claim advantage.

I would more believe that more scholarship are granted earlier because they dont have any reason to wait if they can already finish their scholarship shopping with the earlier batch (let say if they can secure X women; Y underrepresented nationalities ; Z high GMAT etc....).

See you around,

Jiangnan
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, General Mamangement
Schools:HEC (Admitted), LBS (Waitlist), IE(Admitted)
Send PM
Hey guys,

This is my first post, so I guess I have to be nice :) . Congratulations to all who got selected and good luck to all who are applying for future deadlines.

I applied in R2, which seems so long ago now, and had got an admit. I got thru IE and I'm on the LBS waitlist. However, I have my heart, soul, mind and money set on HEC now.

I look forward to seeing you all in a few months from now. BTW, how's the French coming along? I just started and it's very interesting :).

Cheers.
Soccertint
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts