Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Wow, that's a tough question! I doubt that they would have accepted you if they didn't think you could hack it. But if you're really concerned, maybe you could call the school and talk to someone in the admissions committee? I'dask them for advice on what you can do to get a head start... maybe some books to read or one or two classes to take ahead of time, if there's time.

Overall, I don't think there's much downside to at least trying a semester or a few classes. Yeah, it will cost you some money, but this is what you wanted, so I recommend going for it.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
re [#permalink]
Scott,
Thanks for getting back to me.
Can i ask you this question? How do school look on transfer students?
My job situation might change in the next 6 -12 months and school might be too expensive and I might need to transfer or change programs. How do school look at it?

Thanks
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Transferring from one MBA program to another is rare, but not impossible. It can be done at some schools, although you'd probably have to fill out a complete application, as if you were applying as a new student. If you have other schools in mind, maybe you can contact them now and see what their transfer policy is. If it turns out that you can't transfer to those programs and you're concerned that you may not be able to afford Suffolk, then maybe you'll want to wait and reapply next year to one of your other (less expensive) choices.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
re help [#permalink]
So it is uncommon for people to transfer from one school to another?
I am afraid that my job situation might change in the next 6 months.
Scott if i took a graduate course at one school and did very well and say I do have to transfer how would the graduate course be viewed? And if you put down a deposit for a school does it mean you actually enrolled and cannot apply to another program?
What would you do? Should I retake the gmats?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes, in business school I would say that it's pretty uncommon for people to transfer.

As to whether or not you could transfer the credits for a course from one school to another, it really depends on the school. But I don't know of many schools that have applications for transfer students. Your best bet is to contact the schools that you might consider transferring to and ask them.

But, if you're already thinking of possibly transferring out of Suffolk, then maybe Suffolk isn't the right place for you. I would take the GMAT again only if you have a good reason for doing so. If that reason is to try to get into one of the other schools, then consider taking it again, but only after you're able to do some significant prep between now and then.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
re need advice [#permalink]
Scott,
Suffolk is my first choice. I hope the deans of schools do not read these boards. I am just trying to make sure that I have all my options open when if my job situation changes and I have to be realistic about debt.
How do you know a school is worth the money? And what do I tell the other schools? Would you advise me to retake the gmat and have the score handy just in case? I just like to have all my options covered.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
That's a tough question. The most realistic way to determine if a school is worth the money is to look at what kind of job you can get now, and what kind of job you can realistically get with an MBA from that school. If the MBA job offers enough money, or is at least a more satisfying job (since money isn't everything), then it's probably worth it. To answer this, check out the school's information on what kind of jobs their grads get. If they tend to stay in their current jobs, and you're looking for a career change, then the school may not give you what you need.

Don't tell the other schools anything unless you decide on Suffolk. As for the GMAT, take it again if you want to keep your options open, but only do so after you've had enough time to prepare and try to significantly improve your score.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
re [#permalink]
Scott,
Thanks for the advice. It is wrong for me to want to get my options opened?
How do I do that and not burn any bridges?
GMAT Club Bot
re [#permalink]