Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:19 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 588 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 588 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Re: Can someone advise me? In RC, I am getting consistence 75% [#permalink]
I think it's hard to put down a number, amitjash. Like I said, 3 questions wrong results in a 46 scaled score, approximately. I think you have enough time that you can bring yourself up to the level that'll get you what you want. 85% of 40 questions approximately is 6 questions wrong, so you might be at a 40-42 level, from really really approximate estimation. This is definitely not accurate to the point where you can take it as a baseline. I think what you CAN do to estimate a baseline score is take the GMAT Prep and see how you do on it.

Use an error log for this test. Or you can take an OG Diagnostic from the OG 12. This will help you figure out specific weaknesses and you can attack these one by one.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 337 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
whiplash, out of curiosity, is that if one gets 10 wrong on the verbal he can never get close to 40 or higher??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
WE:Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
I'd say practice more and read more.

Depending on when you'll take the exam, you can always improve RC with additional practice.

amitjash wrote:
Can someone advise me?

In RC, I am getting consistence 75% correct (lower side) and 85% correct (Higher side) with timed approach (Roughly 1:20 min to 1:45 min per question). Is this enough if I am targetting more then 42 score in verbal or i should practice more and improve upon the RC?

Is this where i have reached the stone wall and i can't improve my score without some drastic in my strategy? Or with more practice i can increase the score?

The feedback from every one is welcome.
thanks
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
For the original poster-- remember that the test itself is computer adaptive, so it is the difficulty levels of the questions you are getting right, rather that mere quantity of right/wrong answers, that plays the major role in your score (that is, of course, assuming you are able to pace yourself well enough to finish).

With the exception of the very far ends of the bell curve, you should be getting approximately half right and half wrong regardless of your score--so someone with a 450 and someone with a 650 could have very similar data in terms of *numbers* of questions right/wrong, but have wildly different raw scores (and percentile scores).

Focus instead on establishing a firm foundation across many question types in each section, filling content holes so that your score isn't dragged down by any one area, and pacing to avoid the hefty incompletion/guessing penalty at the end. As your expertise increases, refining that self-analysis with a detailed look at what kinds of questions you've been missing, and how you can amend that, is the most efficient way forward. (Ditto that recommendation for an error log above!)

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Reading Comprehension (RC) Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13961 posts