Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:49 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Re: Guidance Required [#permalink]
Make sure to also download the official GMAT CAT from mba.com.

But I'd save that exam until later in the preparation. After two exams, the problems get recycled and it'll overestimate score a bit(assuming you learned from your mistakes).
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: HLS
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Viksag,

I was in a very similar position with you - I had only about 30 days to prep for the GMAT. I took a diagnostic and I was devastated because it was like 620 when my target was ~720. And I had 30 days to go.

I spent most of my time with the official guide and Manhattan GMAT books. With the limited time, I specifically targeted my weak areas (MGMAT is very good at breaking down the math into parts - via multiple books). Buying one of the MGMAT books gives you access to 6 practice exams. I took one every 3 or 4 days and going through an entire practice exam then reviewing it helped me raise my score a lot (you also get 2 free exams from GMAC). For the sake of time, you should probably skip the essays portions of the practice exams and work on your writing the week before your exam. GMAT looks for a systematic and well-structured writing, and you dont need to be a stellar writer to get a 6 on the AWA. There's a fantastic guide on AWA on this forum that will help you hit a 6 without much practice.

I'm sure you can do it - I attained my target score.

Good luck!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
First thing is first - don't stress! (Yes I know, easier said than done). What I did when I had a short time frame for my test was I sat down and drew out a calendar for myself. What I would do on everyday of the week (including weekends). I even scheduled in some "days off" for myself as well, mostly as a sanity check. Practice, practice, practice. That's the best advice I can give you. The GMAT is a battle of attrition. The more you take it the better you get at timing, guessing, test taking in general.

When I played baseball in college my coaches would always say, "do you know how to get better at hitting? Go hit." Same thing applies here - you want to get better at GMAT? Go practice GMAT.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you guys!! really thank you all your advice and tips have really helped me a lot.
And as RFMBA2 says practice, practice, and practice : short-est cut for success in GMAT.
GMAT Club Bot