Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:51 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: Any IMD Applicants for 2011 [#permalink]
Kudos
warumnicht wrote:
leafsfan wrote:
Hi all,

I applied in round 3, got interview call back in June, but couldn't make the July round as I was on holiday. I am now going in for the assessment day on Friday 13 August and really looking forward to it....and a bit scared, but more nervous excitement I think. I'd welcome any comments and/or advice, the comments made up to this point have been great and really helpful. I'm 33 M, Canadian living in the UK, 7 years experience, currently working in Healthcare, got 710 on my GMAT.

Cheers, look forward to hearing from you/chatting/helping if I can.

All the best...

Hi Leafsfan, how was the assessment day? It would be great if you could share some insights. I applied in Rd4 and am in the 4-6 week wait period to find out about interviews.

31 F, Canadian in Switzerland, 8 WE, CA Big4 Exp, now Financial Controller, GMAT 680

Assessment day was everything I thought it would be, the outlines posted on this blog do it justice. Seven applicants from as far away as South Korea and China - having travelled from the UK, I felt a bit spoiled!

Interview: Probing, but as long as you know why you're there and what you think IMD is about, you'll be fine - be yourself, people say this, but I can't stress it enough - the interviewer asked probing questions to see why I answered my questions in certain ways, but all in all, there were no big surprises - as someone else advised, take a couple glasses of water for all the talking!

Impromptu presentation: Go simple - don't try to over complicate it. Remember, you only have five minutes to present and as they say, it's Switzerland, so they keep good time! This is more about showing you can understand the basics of a case and formulate a presentation with a possible solution, rather than trying to demonstrate you extensive business acumen (or at least I thought it was!). Also, I took the time during the break you get to get away and see the lake, nice to remove myself from the stress for couple of minutes-I think it helped.

Lunch: Wow, the spread is amazing and the chat with the current student is definite a huge asset, great conversation and take the time to ask anything (it is still an interview, so be a bit careful, but it's okay to ask tough questions/questions that show you're still wondering about things).

Case study: All I can say is review the case, review the case and then make sure you think you understand it - this part is about demonstrating you have understood it, but I think it's also really important to work with the other applicants and listen to what they have to say rather than just prove that your voice can be heard. You do need to make sure you're not a wallflower, but equally I think being supportive of others and involving their views too is important - they are not looking for the best 90 individuals, but the best combination to form the 90 and I think group interaction is an important part.

Optional class: By this point, I was spent, really long day, hadn't slept well the night before, but it was really interesting to see the class dynamics.

I came away from the day think I didn’t hit a home run, but didn't strike out either - and then I had to wait....

They said it might be less than the ten days as they had already seen another group earlier that week and sure enough, six business days later, I got the call and I have been accepting into IMD's class of 2011...it still feels a bit numb in a good way!

I now have about ten days to decide if I’m going and it’s definitely soul search time – I started down this road because I didn’t want to look back when I was 40 and regret not trying and I am really glad I’ve given myself the choice.

If there are any alum out there reading this, I would be interested in your views on work/life balance post IMD once you have a large amount of debt – I don’t want a 9 to 5, but equally I don’t want to have to take a job based on the money I owe and work ridiculous hours just to pay it off – this journey is more about me and my family and improving my life, both professionally and personally.

Cheers, hope that helps, any specific questions, let me know / any advice, I’d love to hear from you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Leafsfan,

thanks for posting this information and congratulations! I know it isn't a easy decision, especially when you have a family to consider.
If you want to talk to some alumni, IMD will provide you with a list and you can contact them. I talked to someone living here and it gave me some good insight.

It would be interesting to know your decision and the reasons, I'm sure a lot of people on the forum have the same financial worries / payback / is it worth it...questions.

all the best
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey! I am new here and this is my first post.
I applied for IMD R4 and got some days ago a call from a +41 phone. I went frenzy once I realized who it was and more when that nice voice on the phone invited me for the interview in two weeks. I know there is still a big leap left to reach my goal, but it's so much closer!

I am preparing on the case throughfully. I think I already read it a dozen times, when I've had it for a couple of days now.

Anybody else here invited to an interview?

greets
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Kantorama,

I'm still waiting to hear back. Do you mind sharing your profile? which day are you attending? I heard they were offering Sept 7, 10 and 17.

CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD LUCK!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got an Interview on the 7th of September as well.
what took them sooooo long?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you!
I'm going on the 10th. It suited my schedule better. It was difficult to find a room in Lausanne though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Difficult and too expensive.
The less expensive hotels are all booked.
any ideas on what they will ask about the case that have been sent to us?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody else still waiting for an answer?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management
Schools:IMD, HEC
 Q49  V38
Send PM
warumnicht wrote:

Yes, I'm still waiting but it looks like they have already granted all interviews in R4
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shamil623 wrote:
warumnicht wrote:

Yes, I'm still waiting but it looks like they have already granted all interviews in R4

I have the same feeling, but if they made all their decisions and started sending invites last week, than what's taking so long? :?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Anybody knows if they provide feedback to dinged applicants? I mean reasoning in support of their decision? In case of ding it will be useful to know why..

P.S. They don't

Originally posted by shamil623 on 02 Sep 2010, 05:22.
Last edited by shamil623 on 03 Sep 2010, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU r2, cornell r3
Send PM
I had applied for R4 and haven't received any response so sent them an email asking when are the results expected and status. Here's the response I've received -

"Thanks for your e-mail.

It should be very soon. The Admissions Committee is currently making decisions.

Thanks for your patience."

I guessing its a no but they probably haven't started sending that communication yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got dinged today via email. The attached letter just said it's not me personally, it's just that I didn't fit the group they were looking for or they already have someone 'like' me...etc. It's probably the standard letter everyone gets. Oh well, at least now I know.

Good luck to those of you with interviews!
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
dinged today
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone from the last serie of interviews (3, 10 or even 17th of Sept) received a final decision?
I yes, does the IMD stick to the one week delay for making up your mind?

UPDATE: if I had waited a few hours, I would not have asked the question. I'M IN !
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
bendes81 wrote:
Has anyone from the last serie of interviews (3, 10 or even 17th of Sept) received a final decision?
I yes, does the IMD stick to the one week delay for making up your mind?

UPDATE: if I had waited a few hours, I would not have asked the question. I'M IN !

:-D Me too - see you in January?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools:INSEAD, LBS, ESADE, Kellogg, Cornell, IMD
 Q49  V37 GMAT 2: 730  Q49  V41
GPA: 6.7
Send PM
Hello Fellas, M27/Indian/5 yrs WE sales & marketing MNC/GMAT 700 - Am awaiting INSEAD and LBS R1 intvw decisions.. Meanwhile started following the IMD thread. Considering applying to R1 if I dont make it to INSEAD / LBS.. though to be honest, after reading the entire IMD thread, I'm now wondering if I should even accept INSEAD / LBS if accepted !! IMD does sound like a standout !

I'd sent my profile for evaluation to adcom on the IMD site, and got a positive feedback encouraging me to apply for the program. Can any of the accepts / interviewees suggest whether this is a positive indicator at all, or do most ppl get similar positive evals of their profiles??

any responses will be truly, madly, deeply appreciated :) thx.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts