Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
 Q49  V35
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Re: My GMAT journey [#permalink]
thank you! I have included some more details. I might add a section on tips or links later.
GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: MS -IS
Schools:CMU, Kelley
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Great going jb2010 ! You definitely seem to be on the right track.

About your verbal score, are you done with all the practice questions in MGMAT SC and OG?

I just noticed that you are not using any specific guide for Critical reasoning. You may want to consider the Powerscore CR bible.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Thank you resh. I have completed OG for SC and OG PS. I haven't started other sections yet.

I have gone through MGMAT SC book once, but haven't completed all exercises yet. Also, I am not getting enough motivation to go through OG SC again, and may be I need some more time before I do it again.

I am going through OG verbal review SC questions. When I went through OG SC questions, I just marked answers that I felt were correct. This time, I am marking correct answers, as well as noting down what is incorrect with other ones. It is taking little more time, but the web of wrong answers is not looking as complicated as it was looking earlier.

Also, thanks for your suggestion on using Powerscore bible. It's a good point. I need to determine if I will have enough time to go through it though. I haven't gone through OG CR, OG RC, OG DS yet, so that is my first priority.
GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Concentration: MS -IS
Schools:CMU, Kelley
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
jb2010,

I am also in the process of studying MGMAT SC. I am done with Chapters 1 to 10 and am yet to start the last 3 "Advanced chapters". I am a non-native English speaker. Of the portions I have completed so far, I really feel the need to do more revision. So, I am reading thru the notes and flashcards for these portions as and when I get a chance.

Also, as I do the SC questions for each chapter in OG, I am noting down the explainations for every wrongly answered question. I am not getting detailed explainations of what went wrong in OG, so I usually do a search for the questions in GMAT Club and often I find multiple threads discussing the question and providing detailed explainations :) . Yeah !! The whole process is pretty time consuming, but I am hoping that after couple of rounds of this "excercise", it will get better.

You are already very close to your target score of 700+. All the best with your preparations.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-22-2011
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
wow those are great initial CAT scores!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
hiii

welcome to gmat club n gr8 to see your progress... even am planning to do in Dec.

gud luck!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
GMAT Date: 09-17-2011
GPA: 3.22
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
hi there,
my 2 cents for the MGMT verbal guides, do the revision once you are done the initial reading of the book,
I have done the mistake of reading the book/ doing questions jumping over to quant and now there is a huge break between my verbal prep and revision, I picked up MGMT SC the other day and it was ALL NEW:(
all the best with GMAT!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
GMAT Date: 09-17-2011
GPA: 3.22
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey,
Just noticed you have joined recently,
gmat-club-tests-free-open-access-88231.html
do check it out, you will be ready to tackle 'em as you mentioned you will be giving gmat sometime in dec.
I have heard their questions on quant/verbal are of 700+ level, its great you get to have access for free!
I will miss it unfortunately as I am traveling :(
but all the best, hopefully these will be the hard practice material you are looking for,
All the best,
Cheers,
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V35
Send PM
added two more scores. Need some tips for RC as I don't have any confident strategy yet. For CR, need some guidance for tough problems because I get them wrong even when I take unlimited time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Very Detailed and i'm in the same boat. But i found Kaplan scores as false hope.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37314 posts