Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 05:40 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 05:40
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  75   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneuship- Sustainable Manufacturing
Schools:Admitted: IESE($$),HEC, RSM,Esade
 Q43  V27 GMAT 2: 700  Q45  V41
GPA: 2.1
WE 1: 3.5 years international
Send PM
Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink]
I am thinking of applying in R3, mainly because I am yet to take the GMAT. How are the chances of admission in R3? Is it limited due to limited number of places or the weightage is the same in every round? Ideally I would have liked to apply in R1 but my GMAT is scheduled in December. I am just comtemplating if it is worthwhile applying in R3.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Schools:Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Send PM
Kudos
shekharvineet wrote:
I am thinking of applying in R3, mainly because I am yet to take the GMAT. How are the chances of admission in R3? Is it limited due to limited number of places or the weightage is the same in every round? Ideally I would have liked to apply in R1 but my GMAT is scheduled in December. I am just comtemplating if it is worthwhile applying in R3.

INSEAD is the one school who does not say on their website that you are at a disadvantage in R3. I'm not sure if that is true, but most other schools specifically say you hurt your chances by waiting for round 3....could still be a good option if you can't get it done in time for R2. The other thing is that if you turn in all the other pieces of your application and get the GMAT in as soon as possible, you could still be evaluated in R2 if you're lucky...which some people are.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Add me in for Round 1.

I have received the application completion confirmation mail from INSEAD.

Profile -
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730, AWA:5.5
WE: 6 years 3 months months by Sep 2011. Currently Manager with the largest financial services organisation. Leading a six member team of credit risk analysts. Previous experience in credit risk analytics and M&A consulting.
Education: Masters in Economics from a top school in India.
Extracurriculars: Strong. Substantial community service experience over the last 6 years. Significant involvement in the alumni association of my undergraduate and graduate colleges.
Intern
Intern
Schools:INSEAD
Send PM
faduc wrote:
Add me in for Round 1.

Profile -
WE: 6 years 3 months months by Sep 2011. Currently Manager with the largest financial services organisation. Leading a six member team of credit risk analysts. Previous experience in credit risk analytics and M&A consulting.
Extracurriculars: Strong. Substantial community service experience over the last 6 years. Significant involvement in the alumni association of my undergraduate and graduate colleges.

Wow! :shock:

faduc's post made me think- what strategy did u guys use for your essays? Do you think it is better to use humility and sort of lead the reader to the conclusions that you want them to draw or take a more direct "i am awesome" approach? I don't want to sell myself short but at the same time I would hate to think of the reader rolling their eyes. I'm in for r2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
coucou wrote:
faduc wrote:
Add me in for Round 1.

Profile -

Wow! :shock:

faduc's post made me think- what strategy did u guys use for your essays? Do you think it is better to use humility and sort of lead the reader to the conclusions that you want them to draw or take a more direct "i am awesome" approach? I don't want to sell myself short but at the same time I would hate to think of the reader rolling their eyes. I'm in for r2.

I think possibly come up with instances in your life / achievements in your career which would lead them to the conclusion that you would like to present to the Adcom. That ways you would be able to cut down on the qualitative stuff and be more factual. In a way show it to them than tell them. Also the recommendations hopefully would be there to back you up.

This is my personal opinion. I am sure there are more knowledgeable folks in this forum to comment on this.

And I believe that my profile does lack somewhat in certain areas. Although I have worked with international counterparts on critical projects both in an offshore/onshore environment but still my onsite internatiobal experience is on the lower side. Hopefully my international outlook (in being able to work smoothly with foreign counterparts) would carry me through, but wish I had more substantial experience out of my home country.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, entrepreneurship, family business
Schools:INSEAD, Cambridge, Oxford
Send PM
just recieved the confirmation email from INSEAD yesterday.

Im officially in for R1 :-D

ps.for roll call update -> zeph Thai/reapplicant/Fonty
INSEAD School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:INSEAD (R1 Admit)
 Q51  V32 GMAT 2: 740  Q52  V39
WE 1: 5 years in Telecommunications.
Send PM
zeph wrote:

When did you submit? I haven't received any confirmation email yet, I submitted 5-6 hours before the deadline.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
happyls wrote:
zeph wrote:

When did you submit? I haven't received any confirmation email yet, I submitted 5-6 hours before the deadline.

I submitted about 16 hours before the deadline and received confirmation within a couple of days.

Roll call updated.
INSEAD School Moderator
Send PM
mba4me2010 wrote:

I submitted about 16 hours before the deadline and received confirmation within a couple of days.

Roll call updated.

Thanks, mba4me2010.
Its probably that different coordinator working on applicants from different region and each coordinator has their own schedule. I will wait until the end of this week before emailing them... :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
 Q45  V42
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
confirmation came thru today...had submitted on 29 sep..but my transcripts reached only a couple of days after, meaning i was at a risk of being shifted to the next rd...
thankfully the mail states that they wil still consider me in rd 1 (which is a HUGE relief)....the bad news (as per the mail) is that i am bottom of the R1 pile and may possibly nt get my final decision by deadline day and will given be lower priority when it comes to picking campus of choice - which IMO, is fair enough considering tht they r considering me for R1 inspite of my docs reaching late

gd luck all!
INSEAD School Moderator
Send PM
usmbaquest wrote:
confirmation came thru today...had submitted on 29 sep..but my transcripts reached only a couple of days after, meaning i was at a risk of being shifted to the next rd...
thankfully the mail states that they wil still consider me in rd 1 (which is a HUGE relief)....the bad news (as per the mail) is that i am bottom of the R1 pile and may possibly nt get my final decision by deadline day and will given be lower priority when it comes to picking campus of choice - which IMO, is fair enough considering tht they r considering me for R1 inspite of my docs reaching late

gd luck all!

It is very interesting that they will give such detailed information. Good Luck!
INSEAD School Moderator
Send PM
happyls wrote:
mba4me2010 wrote:

Roll call updated.

Thanks, mba4me2010.
Its probably that different coordinator working on applicants from different region and each coordinator has their own schedule. I will wait until the end of this week before emailing them... :)

Confirmation came in this morning, everything is set for R1. Now it is the wait for I/V. :) Good luck everyone!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
usmbaquest wrote:

gd luck all!

Sorry to hear the docs got in late. Which campus are you shooting for? Hopefully, they will still be able to add you into the general R1 pile. Nice though, that they are getting you in and not forcing you to wait until R2, even if it is going to be a few extra days.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Scrolled through last year's thread ..the first interview invites (and rejections ?) came on October 27. I guess we have to wait for 3 weeks to get some news...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys

Congratulations to all of you there applying and passing to R1 interviews. Best of lucks!!!

Was wondering if there is any Australian in the forum? Have a few specifics questions about financing the INSEAD MBA in Australia.

I am already accepted for the Sept 11 intake, (got a postponement, I tell you in advance, it wasn’t easy :wink: ), so happy to answer any question...

Again, good luck. My general advise, in case you need it, is simply...be confident and show yourself the way you are...

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Goldfinger, do u mind posting ur profile. I am not Ozzie but currently working in Sydney, not sure if it will help...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
akp wrote:
Hey Goldfinger, do u mind posting ur profile. I am not Ozzie but currently working in Sydney, not sure if it will help...

no worries, not sure what data are you looking for, South American (Peru), Engineer (working in a oil & gas company), Gmat 710 (but I want to take it again as I feel I didn't study enough!!!), accepted to the INSEAD Sept 2011 intake

I am currently working in Sydney as well, and would like to know if anyone knows about possibilities of financing my INSEAD MBA in Australia...banks loans or similar...

akp, sorry don't know what's your situation and profile?

thanks in advance in case someone knows about financing the MBA in Australia...cheers.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  75   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts