Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 22:55 It is currently 01 May 2024, 22:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 519 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: How to Compensate for Weak Academic Record? [#permalink]
soheezy wrote:
1.What classes and how many total units would be good (6-12-20)?
2. Is it okay to take these classes at a Junior College, or should I try to take them at a University?
I live close to Berkeley, and I might be able to find a way to take a couple classes there, however I am not sure.

1. I have always read that Calculus, Accounting, Statistics, Micro and/or Macroeconomics are good. I don't think you have to take all of them. My guess would be 2 or 3.
2. Berkeley would be better if possible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have already taken all those classes. Should I take them again?
VP
VP
Send PM
soheezy wrote:
I have already taken all those classes. Should I take them again?

When are you applying?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It possible that I might apply to a couple schools for Fall 2011. Schools that may have easier admission, and are not highly ranked schools, however are accredited and local.

However, I feel I may need more time to study for my GMAT's, get letters of recommendation, work on essays, and put a stronger application together and see if I can get into a Top 50 school. In this case I would apply for Fall 2012.

As of now I am starting studying for my GMAT's with a goal of 5 hours per week. I haven't taken a full GMAT practice exam so I have no idea where I stand.
VP
VP
Send PM
soheezy wrote:
It possible that I might apply to a couple schools for Fall 2011. Schools that may have easier admission, and are not highly ranked schools, however are accredited and local.

However, I feel I may need more time to study for my GMAT's, get letters of recommendation, work on essays, and put a stronger application together and see if I can get into a Top 50 school. In this case I would apply for Fall 2012.

As of now I am starting studying for my GMAT's with a goal of 5 hours per week. I haven't taken a full GMAT practice exam so I have no idea where I stand.

Depending on your age I would wait a year. You might need more leadership experience and, because of your GPA, you need to do well on the GMAT. I would concentrate on the GMAT because it's not something you want to rush if you don't have to. Do you have any other stellar parts? Extracurriculars, personal achievements. It seems like you would settle for a local school. Not that it's bad of course. But, a high GMAT score will also make you competitive for scholarships if a Top 20 or Top 50 (assuming the school you are talking about isn't in that ranking) does accept you. Maybe the local school you referenced would be willing to give you money.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Concentration: General Management , Strategy
 Q49  V41
Send PM