Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:16 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 314 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools:ISB, Terry MBA, University of Miami, HULT MBA, York University
Send PM
Veritas Prep Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 2947 [5]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 314 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools:ISB, Terry MBA, University of Miami, HULT MBA, York University
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 519 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Re: Need Help [#permalink]
idk brian but that's a pretty epic little speech there. never thought about it as victory lap. those palm things are intensely annoying tho i will admit. and the fact that they make you take a picture and everything like you're writing your life away or something (sigh) ill definitely keep that little speech in mind on my next round for sure :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hey all,

my exam date is next Friday and even though I usually handle pressure well (used to be a world top 10 professional sportsman), I am quite nervous myself. I've spent the last three months preparing for the test, sacrificing almost all personal life to re-learn the goddamn quant principles I had thought I'd never need again. Given the amount of time and effort spent on the GMAT, I expect myself to score well (my Gmatprep tests have been in the 700-730 range, MGMAT tests between 700-720), which is, ironically, putting even more pressure on myself. It is the first and hopefully last time that I take the test... so thank you Brian for that piece of advice, I will try to remember it on the day of the exam; after all, it is just a test and not a "life or death" decision.

Subharata, I wish you the best of luck for your test; if you have been having such consistency in your prep tests then you probably shouldn't be too far off on the real one as well. And if you do get out of your prep tests range, then it can always be on the upside! ;)

Take care and thanks for that post again, Brian.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
Also, stolen from jauer112's thread about his GMAT experience:

(don't have enough posts yet so sorry for not providing a direct link)

Quote:
Overall:
I do feel that the GMAT is very learnable. It doesn't really matter what one's natural math and English language abilities are, hard work and perseverance are what matter. With enough time and smart study methods, anyone can do well on this test.

I believe that this is one of the things that might help you get your confidence back. We have spent a lot of time preparing and we should just go there and do what we know we can do.

Quote:
When I was taking the test, I thought to myself "This isn't going very well. I've definitely missed a lot of questions." The message here is that even if you don't think you're doing well, don't get dismayed, because you might be doing better than you think!

Also from the above-mentioned thread, I actually think this is just another trick of the GMAT to get us nervous. Even the guys with 770 have to cope with answering many questions wrong; the test works this way. Actually it seems that getting hard questions seems to be the way to a better score, even if you answer them wrong. Do not get dismayed by getting questions wrong.

(now if I just need to follow my own advice, right? :evil: )
GMAT Club Bot