Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 07:57 It is currently 23 May 2024, 07:57
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Assessment [#permalink]
Thank you for your feedback.

Linda, Quick question - What section of my profile do you think I need to work on in order to improve the probability of getting in programs I mentioned in my earlier post. Trying to plan ahead for next year.

Jennifer, You are correct. I'm not planning on mentioning PMP in my applications since I'm not certified yet. As I stated earlier, I do lack the strong EC activities/leadership but if I can show my leadership potential and clearly identify my experience as project lead while leading project teams and proposal teams - do you think Adcoms will value that experience more than EC leadership. I'm pretty confident that my recommendations will be strong in regards to my leadership abilities.

Again, thank you for your inputs.

-Tai
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tai wrote:

Linda, Quick question - What section of my profile do you think I need to work on in order to improve the probability of getting in programs I mentioned in my earlier post. Trying to plan ahead for next year.

Jennifer, You are correct. I'm not planning on mentioning PMP in my applications since I'm not certified yet. As I stated earlier, I do lack the strong EC activities/leadership but if I can show my leadership potential and clearly identify my experience as project lead while leading project teams and proposal teams - do you think Adcoms will value that experience more than EC leadership. I'm pretty confident that my recommendations will be strong in regards to my leadership abilities.

-Tai

An extra-curricular commitment or community service, and I would like to see a higher GMAT, although you are close.

Best,
Linda
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tai wrote:

-Tai

Hi again, Tai. In my experience, leading project teams is not going to help you stand out much unless these teams are large (say, more than 8 people), or the team consists of people above you in rank who don't need to answer to you, or the impact on the company is huge. Since these are often difficult parameters to meet, extracurricular leadership and impact tend to be a great alternative to showing that you have the interpersonal abilities necessary to lead and make an impact.
Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Do you think good professional leadership experience can help in offsetting the loss of not being involved in any other EC ?

thanks in advance
Send PM
Expert Reply
hirendhanak wrote:
Do you think good professional leadership experience can help in offsetting the loss of not being involved in any other EC ?

thanks in advance

Yes, exceptional leadership at work can compensate for a minimum of extracurricular activities, but the admissions committees are going to be looking for evidence of strong interpersonal skills (which usually comes through clearly from the EC activities), so make sure your essays and recommendations describe and share examples of these.
GMAT Club Bot