Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Nonprofit
WE 2: Government
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Professional Engineers (Ontario)
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Green-tech
 Q50  V38
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: Nuclear Consultant - 3+ years
Send PM
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
Schools:Booth
 Q48  V45
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Re: Starting to worry [#permalink]
Kudos
Zac- I think it's premature for you to worry at this point. Harvard invites have not even gone out yet, no one on the forum that applied to Columbia in January has yet gotten an interview invite, and Stanford dribbles out invites until late March.

There are plenty of other great schools with emphasis on non-profit management and social enterprise, like Kellogg and Duke, that you could look into for Round 3. If I were you, I would busy myself researching these and other schools that might be a good fit to see what Round 3 deadlines look like. You might want to think about whether it makes more sense to wait for Round 1 next year.

As a non-traditional applicant with a law degree, you have to work extra hard to demonstrate fit and why you NEED an MBA. Your career goals are in this respect very important. You should be confident that your story makes sense before pursuing further applications. In any case, you have at least a few weeks before you'll know for sure what your admission decisions at HYSC are. Good luck!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
Kudos
I actually think that your profile will stand out because its different. After going through this whole application process myself, I am convinced that everything comes down to your essays. As runnergirl stated, if you made a strong case for why you need an mba, why from X school, and why YOU are the person to achieve your goals, you'll be fine! Also, I would honestly take whatever anyone else, including admissions consultants, says about your profile with a grain of salt. Most of the admissions consultants on these forums told me that my stats (680 gmat, 3.7 gpa) wouldn't cut it for a top bschool, but I decided to take the "go big or go home" approach. I spent about 3 months writing essays and low and behold, I got my first choice (CBS) in the end.

Be confident in your "story" and don't worry. Your unique profile, alone, will make you stand out!
GMAT Club Bot