Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:13 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Fuqua (Accepted), Ross (Dinged), Haas (Dinged), Goizueta (Accepted), Boston University (Accepted), USC Marshall (Accepted)
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy/Entrepreneurship & Healthcare
Schools:Boston Uni., Indiana, Vanderbilt, UW, ASU, SMU
 Q46  V44
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Boston University School of Management 2011 apps [#permalink]
I'm looking for waitlisted/ selected International MBA candidates to discuss their prospects of joining/ leaving BU..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kenan-Flagler, Darden, Simon, BU(ding), Owen(i/v), Olin(ding), Norte Dame(w/l)
GMAT 2: 690  Q47  V37
WE 1: Finance 3.5 Years
Send PM
Dinged :(
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: AIESEC
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Financial Management Consulting
Schools:Carlson School of Management (Admitted with $$$); Claremont McKenna College MSF (Admitted with $$$); Olin Business School (R2); Wisconsin School of Business R3); University of Notre Dame (R5)
 Q49  V44
WE 1: 2.5 Years in Management Consulting with a Big 4 Auditing Firm by matriculation
Send PM
Hi dudes,

I received an e-mail from Boston University, saying that my GMAT of 750 and my nationality put myself in the preferred applicant pool for their MBA. So basically, I was invited to apply for round 3. I am wondering if everyone received the same mass spam e-mail?

Could you please share the interview experience with Boston Uni?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Schools:Fuqua (Accepted), Ross (Dinged), Haas (Dinged), Goizueta (Accepted), Boston University (Accepted), USC Marshall (Accepted)
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
quan11287 wrote:
Hi dudes,

I received an e-mail from Boston University, saying that my GMAT of 750 and my nationality put myself in the preferred applicant pool for their MBA. So basically, I was invited to apply for round 3. I am wondering if everyone received the same mass spam e-mail?

Could you please share the interview experience with Boston Uni?

Thanks

I had got a similar mail, way back in June last year, which was one of the reasons I applied to BU in R2. I've been accepted, with a very decent scholarship.

I'm told these mails may not mean much as a rule, but it worked out for me, so I guess it's worth a shot if the school fits what you're looking for in an MBA program!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing/Consulting
 Q50  V38
WE 1: Management Consulting 2 years
WE 2: Software development 6 months
Send PM
I am being waitlisted too....how long do they give to selected candidates to confirm their admission?most of d results went out on 11th so I guess we can hav a date by when most of the waitlisted would have response....
Intern
Intern
Schools:Carlson School of Management (Admitted with $$$); Claremont McKenna College MSF (Admitted with $$$); Olin Business School (R2); Wisconsin School of Business R3); University of Notre Dame (R5)
 Q49  V44
WE 1: 2.5 Years in Management Consulting with a Big 4 Auditing Firm by matriculation
Send PM
rodivu wrote:
I am being waitlisted too....how long do they give to selected candidates to confirm their admission?most of d results went out on 11th so I guess we can hav a date by when most of the waitlisted would have response....

You've been waitlisted?!!! And I've been told that BU gives lots of weight to GMAT scores! Did you apply for any other school for good measure? Could you please provide us with your profile for reference?
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V38
Send PM
from what I have heard...there is a lot of competition in R2.... and in my case....i missed my scheduled interview once because of some unavoidable reasons...and got it rescheduled.....not sure how much is this gonna affect my candidature....
i have applied to ISB and NUS and got dinged from both....
waiting for my results from Schulich....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
rodivu wrote:

The weekend for admits is on March 10-11 and you need to answer by March 23rd ($1000).
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Thanks ankateif....
So I guess 23rd March is d cutoff date....
All d best to all the selected candidates for their other school admits.... leave Boston seat soon :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi All,

new GMAT club member; Got into BU with LEADS scholarship (1/2 tuition), but can't decide between there and Wash U. (same situation).

Anyway, best of luck to all those waiting.

PS the March 23 deadline is killing me. I'm expecting to book a last minute trip to Boston if I don't get into some of my other choices which I'll hear from mid-March.

Anyone have luck extending the deposit deadline?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V44
Send PM
zpolin wrote:
Hi All,

new GMAT club member; Got into BU with LEADS scholarship (1/2 tuition), but can't decide between there and Wash U. (same situation).

PS the March 23 deadline is killing me. I'm expecting to book a last minute trip to Boston if I don't get into some of my other choices which I'll hear from mid-March.

Hey, buddy, would you mind sharing your profile with us?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi quan,

no problem (i'll have to put it in my profile info)...

3.2 gpa from top 20 undergrad
2 yr WE for technology firm
700 gmat
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA (int), Tuck(WL), Fuqua (int), BU(in), Babson (in),USC,
Send PM
zap311 wrote:
Hi All,

Hey I got in with half scholarship too (LEAD Scholarship). Is the deposit due by March 23rd? I got an interview with Fuqua , UCLA, UNC, Tuck and all of them went extremely well but I wont have all my decisions by end of March....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi plo,

Congrats! Yes, the deposit to hold your spot is due by March 23. I can't make it to the official visit weekend on March 10-11 so I may plan a last minute visit on March 18 after I hear from two more schools on the 15th.

If I were you, I would recommend requesting an extension on that deadline if you haven't heard from any of the schools by the 23rd. You should evaluate now if you would go to any of the others over BU regardless of scholarship so you don't have 24 hours to make that decision come March 22.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA (int), Tuck(WL), Fuqua (int), BU(in), Babson (in),USC,
Send PM
zap311 wrote:
Hi plo,

Congrats! Yes, the deposit to hold your spot is due by March 23. I can't make it to the official visit weekend on March 10-11 so I may plan a last minute visit on March 18 after I hear from two more schools on the 15th.

If I were you, I would recommend requesting an extension on that deadline if you haven't heard from any of the schools by the 23rd. You should evaluate now if you would go to any of the others over BU regardless of scholarship so you don't have 24 hours to make that decision come March 22.

Good luck!

Thanks zap 311! BU is a great school but looking at how my interviews went I still want to hear back from others before committing to BU. Should I just tell BU that I want an extension because I haven't heard back from the other schools?....I hope they don't hate me for saying that.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
plohani wrote:
zap311 wrote:
Hi plo,

Good luck!

Thanks zap 311! BU is a great school but looking at how my interviews went I still want to hear back from others before committing to BU. Should I just tell BU that I want an extension because I haven't heard back from the other schools?....I hope they don't hate me for saying that.

I would just explain that BU's notification date was earlier than the other schools you had applied to and, as a result, their deposit deadline falls on a date prior to those others schools' notifications. Politely state that BU is one of your top choices and are humbled by the scholarship offer, but want to make an informed decision. Ask them if they can extend the deadline 1 week for you (3/30 should be good) and see what they say.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: General,Non-profit,Marketing,Entrepreneurship
Schools:Yale SOM,Stern,LBS,Vanderbilt
Send PM
Did anyone apply for their non profit MBA? I am planning to apply for the March 14th deadline.

I am an Indian and they insist on the TOEFL. I havent taken TOEFL yet, do you think I can take it after the deadline? I am here in the US now and working here.

Does anyone know about that??
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts