Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:47 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 519 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: NBA basketball fans out there? [#permalink]
socalmike wrote:
Lebron James is a physical freak who lacks the mental toughness. He relies way too much on his talent and doesn't have the grit to be a closer. Guys like MJ and Kobe get in that killer instinct to take over a game when it's on the line. They are also known perfectionist who practice and hone their "craft" to be the best and don't rely on pure talent as much as Lebron does.

+1 couldn't have said it better.

his size and talent makes up a lot of his power plays. that last layup by Lebron should have been a easy game closer. I've seen him take on 2 or 3 people at once and still and1 it. absolutely no reason why he couldn't have done it again.

at the end of the day, i still think wade is the "heart" of the heats. well-rounded player - super fast, quick, and plays smart.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
heat lost their 5th straight game this season to the trail blazers.

bosh needs to step his game up. he was like 3 for 12. my grandma could shoot better than that. especially the wide open jumper shots and 15 footers. wade is still a monster. and lebron still can't perform under pressure (sigh)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Alright folks, I know the game between heats and lakers is going to start very soon.

My take is: lakers up by 20 points at the end.

I won't be able to watch it but I'll be checking my blackberry religiously for the score. :o
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Score totally off.

I think I should stick to b-school now...
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: President of Student Associoation
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Engineering
Schools:HBS 2+2, IESE YTP
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
bakfed wrote:
Score totally off.

lol
I was rootin' for Heat.
Who is your MVP for this season?
Derrick Rose or Dwight Howard?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Mongolia2HBS wrote:
bakfed wrote:
Score totally off.

lol
I was rootin' for Heat.
Who is your MVP for this season?
Derrick Rose or Dwight Howard?

Personally, I enjoy watching both of them play. I love how good of a player d-rose is. His sportsmanship is also equally fantastic and honestly, it's hard to find a super awesome player in the league now with a good attitude and humbleness. Dwight, on the other hand, is also just as good. While he's playing a different position from d-rose, Dwight plays just as good as any other players, if not better. What I enjoy about Dwight is the "funniness" he exudes on and off the court. I really enjoy watching a good game of basketball, with organization and cleanliness. If I wanted to watch super-stiff competition, I'll tune to college basketball. But with NBA, my focus is to watch a fun game, not a game where the players are trying to kill each other. With that said, both rose and howard exhibit exceptional basketball skills and sportsmanship. But if I had to choose, Rose will have to be it, only because he reminds me of the same Bulls' team as the 90's Bulls with jordan.

p.s. I was actually rooting for the heats, too, but unfortunately the heats didn't deliver. As blunt as I shall be, should the lakers meet the heats in the finals, I still don't think Heats will be able to beat the lakers 4 times. But as always, only time will tell.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
kinda pissed that the heats won. sour win if you ask me. i may be bias, probably, if you ask me but i think the heat was a bit of a luck streak. they had that one dude knock 3's from downtown all day. can't leave a dude like that open. unacceptable.

second,

WTF is phil jackson doing? he had bynum on th court with a bunch of rookies during the 3rd?! I understand you need to give your star players a break but not all 4 of them at the same time!

that Blake dude....needs to go. Fischer....needs to go. again, dead weight. especially when they can't shoot 3's and even hit the rim like Blake.

what the Lakers need is

A) more practice
B) better players
C) better players again

I don't understand why they play Blake when they can put ebanks in instead of him? He's a much MUCH better player all around.

Anyways disappointing game.....most definitely.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
lakers vs mavericks 7PM EST tonight baby!

go lakers!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Anyone endured the 20th anniversary the Bulls put on last night? I think it's just about time the Bulls come back again and claim the decade. By the way, how does one say the decade we're in? We refer to the bull's time as the 90's, and of course the 80's and 70's, and the millenium. How does one go about claiming the "10's", the time we're in now? =P
Retired Moderator
Send PM
yeah, i don't know how to put in words the time we're in right now. guess it will be something that will be determined with time :)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
gonna give a quick shoutout to my boys over at VCU representin' and being the underdog and coming out on top against USC in the NCAA last night.

VCU REPRESENT!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Anyone watched the lakers/suns game yesterday night? Triple overtime!! Suns did a fantastic job coming back into the game fourth quarter.

yeah, Kobe was on FIRE that game. Been watching the NCAA games lately b/c my VCU Rams are Elite 8 :)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Ok ladies and gents...gonna update this.

**FIRST off - Dallas vs Lakers had me officially convinced - absolutely love the Lakers (had to change my avatar even though I love my car just as much :) )

VERY VERY aggressive gameplays, which is the way the game should be played from the start. Excellent defense, excellent offense, 2 fights broke out (and almost a third, which i will get to later), and finally, lakes killed the mavs 110-82.

Although I don't support trash-talking, fights, feuds, I can completely understand where the Lakers are coming from with their frustration. For starters, the coaches are just assholes that game - calling all sorts of unnecessary technical fouls and not catching fouls where they need to be called.

Second off, the Mavericks play dirty as hell, they know how to "fake" a foul like a pro - a perfect exam of that would be the 4 personals against Fischer. How do I know this? Well, I record all the plays and rerun them for pick moves and screens for my own intermurial basketball team at the university and if you rewind, slow-down and play it, you can see Terry and Burea committing all sorts of push fouls that were either never called or missed calls.

As far as the feud, it really wasn't too much of a lose for the Lakers, seeing as how the rejected players really didn't have any strong impact on the team as a whole. Blake is a just a ball-pusher, Brown is another guard amongst the many but I will say he has some good assists. The greatest lose for the Lakers was the elimination of Barnes. That dude is a seriously under-valued player. He MAKES plays. I don't know why Phil doesn't put him to closer to front. I think he has a lot to offer to the team.

Mavericks, well, Terry was one of their starting 5, so if they get suspended till or even through playoffs, they're going to be at a serious lose. And then Haywood, well, he's another valuable player for the Mavs. Overall I think the fight hurt Mavs a lot. Because not only did they lose valuable players but they lose the game as well and screwed up the game alltogether.

A third fight almost broke out between Nvinski (idk how to spell his name but he's the big white center player) and Kobe. Kobe was going for a layup and he intentionally pushed and fouled him. Navinskit said something to him and Kobe said "I understand" which was really a show of good sportsmanship because he could have just as easily got in his face and wrecked havoc, instead, he made the two free-throws and continued to wreck them on the court.

Also, if you look at Buera at some of the replays, all he does is wrap his opponents hands between this arm and body disallowing them to spring or screen for any decent picks. I believe he was doing that shannon brown because he got eliminated and there was a shot of him looking at Buera like "WTF R U DOING?!"

All-in-all, great game. Love to play and watch super aggressive games. Sometimes fights and feuds are just part of it because of the passion of the players for the game and is really inevitable especially in the face of crappy refs. I sure hope they don't use them for the NBA Finals.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
And oh, VCU final 4?!?!?!?!?!?!? HOLLLA!!!!!!!!!!!

(I went there for my undergraduate degree)

we were throwing down pretty hard the night VCU won against Kansas. My buddy runs a club downtown and it was drinks on the house cause he was happy :-D :-D

And yes, I'm soaking up all the hate ESPN and everyone else I see have for VCU like a dry sponge in water. Absolutely lovin it :)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Fuqua
GMAT 2: 650
WE 1: Research in Neurology
WE 2: MORE research in Neurology
Send PM
Anyone see that Larry Bird and Lebron Dwight Howard, where they are like who is that guy?

I love that Larry Bird has rings, and neither of them do :)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Wishbone wrote:
Anyone see that Larry Bird and Lebron Dwight Howard, where they are like who is that guy?

the McDonald commercial? :lol:
Retired Moderator
Send PM
bakfed wrote:
Wishbone wrote:

the McDonald commercial? :lol:

dumb commercial but it does make me want some McD's everytime I see it though. McD's fries are probably the best but thats just my opinion :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10