Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:32 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I did the kaplan diagnostic, 33/37 94 percentile , 45.
Are the mistakes silly/conceptiual...Conceptual mistakes go away..silly don't ..so easily :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
My best score (this was about 4 months ago) after studying for about a month was a 27. Of course, with both tests that I took, I guessed on the last 4-5 questions in Quant. & made a few careless mistakes. I'll probably take Kaplan 3 & 4 & PR 3 & 4 this month to see where I am. I'm horrible at these GMAT tests but my goal is still a 600+ on my next attempt. It would take me another year to even be in the 700 range. But, I'll take it again in November. I was "knocked out" by the real GMAT just like you were, Antmavel.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have the opposite attitude. i took 2 kaplan tests with the following interesting scores

560 (Q 50 , V23 )

560 (Q 50, V 23)

I really think verbal is extremely difficult.Yet the quantitative is above average than other tests.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I guess a good indication of your gmat score is by taking Kaplan Quant and then jumping to a princeton Verbal....yes i do find the Kap verbal section very very difficult
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I did some Kaplan tests lately and here are my results so far
#1: 600 (Q40/V32)
#2: 600 (Q46/V30)
#3: 640 (did not get the break down here)
#4: 670 (Q50/V37)

I did not have the ideal conditions for first 2 tests though with some siblings coming in and out asking if I needed anything during my test :!: and God forbid, you really need maximum concentration for Kaplan verbal. Anyhow, as it is for many people, I lost most of my points on RC. SC and CR were over 80% but RC was 50% or even worse. Don't worry too much for Kaplan tests as you must know by now that they are not really representative of your true score. You should try out PR CAT and you will see a sharp increase in your score :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
My highest quant score on Kaplan was a 42, I think this was 30 correct out of 37.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I scored following in kaplan:

#1. 720 (Q54, V40): I think the score in verbal was a fluke, because i could never score that high in verbal again. :?. So i ignored this score.
#2. 600 (Q52,V23) : At first i was quite shocked at my verbal score, but i think Kaplan verbal is very difficult, with very close answer choices in CR and RC. Which might not be a correct representation of the actual gmat.

So, i think we all are in the same boat, with regard to Kaplan verbal. Will give some shot at PR and Power Prep tests, as suggested by you people. I felt Kaplan 800Score tests to be relatively easier, as i did fairly well in those, (Q-55,V43) and hope that the difficulty level is that of gmat... touchwood..!!! Becoming a bit selfish.... :wink:

I found kaplan verbal workbook and this gmat discussion forum very useful in improving on my SC.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul, you will obviously have a 750-800 on the GMAT. Those are AMAZING scores. I have yet to finish a single Quant. section in Kaplan 1, 2 & 3. I always blindly guess on the last 5-7 questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't know if it's me, but the first 2 Kaplans seemed harder than the last 2. I got 650 on the first (39/39, running out of time on the last 2 Q questions), 620 (37/37), 670 (50 Q, 36 V) and 640 (50, 35). Also the last 2 had some serious errors: 2 RC paragraphs had incomplete sentences, and one math problem was missing a part of the text?!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am averaging 50 in quant - gosh the verbal is still embarrasing. I am also unable to review the answers - may be its not installed properly.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
HELLO....
I have taken the Kaplan ( 2) cats...the results were not very good but I was satisfied for the reasons one - they showed me that I can be 'surprised' by the tough types in th actual test... two - they hlped me get prepared for the worst case scenario.

I guess lik most people have already opined , one must get the best out of the Kaplan guys and not get bogged by their scaled versions ...I have a feeling that the scaling is a deliberate low .

ant - do not ever compare yourself on th basis of Kaplan scors and there in one Universal truth - how much ever U plan and how much ever U work - the FINAL DAY matters mor than any other DAY ... and the only way to beat th test on th FINAL DAY is one- to get ur fundamentals right and two - keep ur mind focussed and very composed... and it is here that most people loose out... or atleast thats what experience says... all the best and cheer up mate ... U will do well

Have Fun
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
here are my test-scores and their breakdowns:

KAPLAN CAT-1; 530; Q-37; V-21

KAPLAN CAT-2; 660; Q-49; V-33

KAPLAN CAT-3; 660; Q-50; V-32

KAPLAN CAT-4; 650; Q-51; V-28

KAPLAN CAT-5; 660; Q-49; V-31

I'm going to take my GMAT in next couple of days, only then i can rely on these scores.
:?:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
To Amit

Your scores on the Kaplan are good. I scored a little lower on the Quant and higher on the Verbal (my average score was around 690-700).

In the real thing (the actual GMAT) I got 740 (50Q and 40V).

According to your scores, I'm guessing that your final score will be in the range of 700-770.

Try to stay concentrated during the entire test - that's the key. In the high scores it very much depends on luck. On any given day you can get 700 or 770.

All The Best.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: What's your Kaplan Quant score ? [#permalink]
Took the practice paper test of Kaplan today. Scored 53 (36 correct of 37). Kicking myself for the one I got wrong!
I thought the test was way too easy, finished with 5 minutes to spare too. I don't think this is a realistic or representative test, since I haven't fared as well in other tests (Averaged around 46).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Send PM
I did my first Kaplan CAT after 1.5 months of studying quant and I got 640 (Q43, V38); However I ended up having 5-4 minutes to spare in Quant and about 15 minutes in Verbal since I was not really sure about my pace. I hope to have a better control of time next time and score higher. I wonder how is Kaplan related to the actual test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 453 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
I scored a 34 on Quant and 24 on verb to get a score of 540 on Kaplan. The RC was horrifying.
I have studied for a month. And completed around half of OG for all sections expect RC.

Have lot of scope of improvement
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
My kaplan quant was pretty similar to my manhattan and gmat prep scores. No significant outliers.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2