Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Re: UC DAVIS mba program worth it? [#permalink]
yeah its good. i had a friend come from there and said it was pretty decent :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Bad impression with UC Davis MBA

My first post after visiting the school, I had a bad impression with UC Davis' MBA as it makes you feel unprofessional and people there are not very friendly. When you ask their admission, maybe the student I met is a special case, but he seemed don't care what you were asking and responded you without any feeling. Their restroom were all dirty, I mean all, as I tried to find a clean one, I checked from one on first floor to the third floor, all were not maintained. This kind of giving you a feel the quality of the student body who seems lack of caring and response to others, and the school management is not good in watching out the small but important details as to maintain a nice and clean environment. You know how you feel when using a dirty restroom at a place which makes you judge the overall impression of that place. The impression is no good at all, in addition, the student I talked to seemed can't explain why they favor this school and chose the school, no particular good reasons for them. Overall, not feel attracted to the school.

Re: Bad impression with UC Davis MBA

Things I wish I had known about the UC Davis MBA Graduate School of Management

As a former graduate student, I also had really bad impressions of the UC Davis Graduate School of Management (GSM). I don't recommend anyone to attend the UC Davis MBA. It was a huge mistake. After the first week my classmates and I all immediately regretted our choice in attending UC Davis. The administration and professors are extremely rude and unprofessional. Be aware that there were some very serious issues with the program and faculty going on. Even the facilities were disappointing. So many students were crammed to use the student lounge designed for a capacity of about 50 people. The study and computer room on the 2nd floor is so small like a janitor’s closet. The school seems desperate and struggling for business. You know there is something wrong if the school needs to advertise on ads and billboards at SF subway stations, billboards by the freeway, Sacramento Airport and at the back of buses.

There's nothing around except for cows, agriculture, farmlands, acres and acres of flatland, a middle of nowhere quaint, small town… Students could not WAIT to get out of Davis as soon as class ended. Clubs and events are almost empty or nearly empty. Recruiters even complained. People are very selective socially, very cliquish, insular community. I gave the school a chance and it was a huge mistake. Regrettably, it turned out to be a horrible experience. My classmate and I dropped out as a student after a few weeks. It just wasn’t worth it. It was a waste of time and money to even apply to this school. I highly suggest you avoid this program at all costs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
justinmba wrote:
Bad impression with UC Davis MBA

My first post after visiting the school, I had a bad impression with UC Davis' MBA as it makes you feel unprofessional and people there are not very friendly. When you ask their admission, maybe the student I met is a special case, but he seemed don't care what you were asking and responded you without any feeling. Their restroom were all dirty, I mean all, as I tried to find a clean one, I checked from one on first floor to the third floor, all were not maintained. This kind of giving you a feel the quality of the student body who seems lack of caring and response to others, and the school management is not good in watching out the small but important details as to maintain a nice and clean environment. You know how you feel when using a dirty restroom at a place which makes you judge the overall impression of that place. The impression is no good at all, in addition, the student I talked to seemed can't explain why they favor this school and chose the school, no particular good reasons for them. Overall, not feel attracted to the school.

Re: Bad impression with UC Davis MBA

Things I wish I had known about the UC Davis MBA Graduate School of Management

As a former graduate student, I also had really bad impressions of the UC Davis Graduate School of Management (GSM). I don't recommend anyone to attend the UC Davis MBA. It was a huge mistake. After the first week my classmates and I all immediately regretted our choice in attending UC Davis. The administration and professors are extremely rude and unprofessional. Be aware that there were some very serious issues with the program and faculty going on. Even the facilities were disappointing. So many students were crammed to use the student lounge designed for a capacity of about 50 people. The study and computer room on the 2nd floor is so small like a janitor’s closet. The school seems desperate and struggling for business. You know there is something wrong if the school needs to advertise on ads and billboards at SF subway stations, billboards by the freeway, Sacramento Airport and at the back of buses.

There's nothing around except for cows, agriculture, farmlands, acres and acres of flatland, a middle of nowhere quaint, small town… Students could not WAIT to get out of Davis as soon as class ended. Clubs and events are almost empty or nearly empty. Recruiters even complained. People are very selective socially, very cliquish, insular community. I gave the school a chance and it was a huge mistake. Regrettably, it turned out to be a horrible experience. My classmate and I dropped out as a student after a few weeks. It just wasn’t worth it. It was a waste of time and money to even apply to this school. I highly suggest you avoid this program at all costs.

DO NOT COME TO UC Davis.

NEGATIVE infinity Stars.

Terrible college with awful surroundings.

Terrible and tired professors. THE WORST T.A's possible since they are all miserable for accepting Davis as their grad school.

But what about the social scene you might be asking. There is none. Unless you want to pay ridiculous fee's for joining sororities and frats then you're stuck with the friends you were placed with in the dorms for the next 2-4 years. Or you can join the sad and pathetic sports teams, IM's as well. The people who play on these teams are trying to go pro, and will never make it. And with heads that far in the clouds non-sport-players are bound to get douche-bagged.

But don't get me wrong, Davis is known for its vet school, some bio-sciences, and couple food majors. But trust me, a transfer human science major, that's all they're good for. I've met people from poli sci, communications, anthro, sociology, philosophy, etc., Just like them, we are all miserable here since the education is terrible. There are no professors with groundbreaking studies, theories, suggestions that provoke us to learn. I learned more at my former Junior College. None of the studies, books or articles I read for classes have made me want to pursue more in-depth of the subject. These classes have made me run to Amazon and buy books off people's recommendations in reviews. I can honestly say I have learned more reading books recommended by random people on the net than by my professors. And thats not saying that one just enjoys books that one chooses. I have kept and refused to sell back the textbooks from my former JC. I enjoyed them greatly and recommend them to my classmates when they need to escape from nonsense presented to us by UCD.

Prospective students beware! DO NOT COME TO UC DAVIS
GMAT Club Bot