Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 08:45 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 08:45
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
 Q39  V20
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
Re: Share your thoughts on my GMAT journey [#permalink]
:!: 3 more days to go :!:

Today's target - take 1 GMAT PREP test(retake),review the test,tackle 10SC ,10CR and 2 RC(my daily schedule lest I forget the strategy :wink: ),attack some word translation problems from OG 12. I have not completed all the Quant PS problems from OG 12 :shock: :shock: . May have to leave it at that.

Will post my practice scores by today evening.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Good luck :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
Just took one final practice test, GMAT Prep, and got a 580 (Q46,V25) :shock: :shock: :shock: . Not something that I wanted to see :cry: . Many mistakes in SC and a few in CR. Surprising that my SC accuracy is the opposite in MGMAT CATs. Anyway, MGMAT's verbal is way easier than the GMAT prep or even the real one. My target is atleast a 30 in verbal and a 600 overal.

Back to my SC books now :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Hey girl, you are almost there, don't let these scores affect you! Great you are trying to calm yourself; at this point that's the best strategy, try to keep the daily routine of practicing few problems in next 2 days, but don't take any more CATS, 1 at the max, just de-stress, my sincere best wishes & good luck for the test.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Hey girl, you are almost there, don't let these scores affect you! Great you are trying to calm yourself; at this point that's the best strategy, try to keep the daily routine of practicing few problems in next 2 days, but don't take any more CATS, 1 at the max, just de-stress, my sincere best wishes & good luck for the test.

Thanks for your wishes,desiaggie! That was soothing :-D
Yes, I need to do a 5 CR and 5 SC daily. Will also glance through some OG problems for SC. I might take one more CAT on Friday too.I feel that after taking many MGMAT CATS , I kind of got used to the scoring used there. This helped me stabilize my scores to 630-640 in MGMAT CATS. So, will see if this strategy will help for GMAT prep too! We definitely need to get used to the screens and scoring of the GMAT prep. I noticed that GMAT prep, and probably the real GMAT too, does not allow us to take a guess on our scores :-D . For example, in my today's practice test, I did not see any combinatorics or complicated word problems(which I am bad at!!!).I saaw just one probabilty question and that was very simple,may have been a 600 level question. I literally cruised through the Quant section and guessed through only 2-3 questions. I thought I would land a 40 or 42 but was pleasantly surprised with a 46 :-). I had the opposite feeling for the VErbal section though :? and scored a 25.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
I just reviewed my test and found that I got 5CR,5RC and 5SC questions wrong :-D . So need to dig into each of these sections equally. 4 out of the 5 CR's were of one question type. I think the GMAT algorithm does guess accurately on our weakness and keeps throwing questions on that topic! :x
In the quant part, I got 11 wrong.

So, with fingers crossed, I'm going to review some SC and CR stuff. Need to read the Powerscore CR book again.Wonderful book - truly a bible for CR. Takes time to absorb and apply the strategies though!

Anyone here knows how the GMAT prep VErbal comapares to the actual GMAT in terms of content tested and difficulty of questions?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Impressive Quant Score :beer:

Did you run out of stamina after the quant session or were you able to complete quant and verbal in good form?

Sometimes, test takers tend to perform well in the quant session but burn out early and perform less efficiently in the verbal section. This could probably explain the discrepancy in the scores.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 428 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Kudos
heygirl wrote:
Yes, I need to do a 5 CR and 5 SC daily. Will also glance through some OG problems for SC. I might take one more CAT on Friday too.I feel that after taking many MGMAT CATS , I kind of got used to the scoring used there. This helped me stabilize my scores to 630-640 in MGMAT CATS. So, will see if this strategy will help for GMAT prep too! We definitely need to get used to the screens and scoring of the GMAT prep. I noticed that GMAT prep, and probably the real GMAT too, does not allow us to take a guess on our scores :-D . For example, in my today's practice test, I did not see any combinatorics or complicated word problems(which I am bad at!!!).I saaw just one probabilty question and that was very simple,may have been a 600 level question. I literally cruised through the Quant section and guessed through only 2-3 questions. I thought I would land a 40 or 42 but was pleasantly surprised with a 46 :-). I had the opposite feeling for the VErbal section though :? and scored a 25.

Heygirl,
One CAT on Friday is a good idea. Do not burn yourself out :P. A set of 5CR + 5SC + 1 or 2RC is more than enough. One more thing, you may want to revise the flashcards you have made if you have enough time. Do not let the practice test score get you down, you can do better than that on the real GMAT.

Do not eat rich food and do get enough sleep the night before the test. I remember reading a post on this forum, which said that on the test day, we can activate our brain by doing some easy quant problems (but do not look at the answer key!).

Well, I am waiting for your 600+ debrief ^^.

Best of luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
Entwistle wrote:
Impressive Quant Score :beer:

Did you run out of stamina after the quant session or were you able to complete quant and verbal in good form?

Sometimes, test takers tend to perform well in the quant session but burn out early and perform less efficiently in the verbal section. This could probably explain the discrepancy in the scores.

Ent,I'm super happy with my quant score and I feel it may be fluke. I've never crossed 44 on any test till now and 2-3 questions were repeated in the GMAT prep. And,guess what ,I got 11 questions wrong and 5 out of those were VERY SILLY mistakes :shock: .I think I've hit my plateau in Quant. My quant performance will now only depend on my stamina and concentration on the real test.
Verbal,yes I got tired. I did the AWAs too. Doing AWAs gets my total score down by 10-20 points because I run out on my concentration in the verbal. Quant is not so much of a problem for me - I can do questions in my sleep also :-D

Oh and I 10 mins left for quant and 5mins left for the verbal when I finished!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
windofchange wrote:
Heygirl,
One CAT on Friday is a good idea. Do not burn yourself out :P. A set of 5CR + 5SC + 1 or 2RC is more than enough. One more thing, you may want to revise the flashcards you have made if you have enough time. Do not let the practice test score get you down, you can do better than that on the real GMAT.

Do not eat rich food and do get enough sleep the night before the test. I remember reading a post on this forum, which said that on the test day, we can activate our brain by doing some easy quant problems (but do not look at the answer key!).

Well, I am waiting for your 600+ debrief ^^.

Best of luck!

Thanks! I'm waiting to post my debrief too :wink:
I am sure that sleep and tiredness play a big role in our score! Tiredness sucks out the concention levels in us. In my case, this means lower RC score :idea: .
I may take a GMAT prep test tommorow. But, am a little scared. I dont want to see a 550 :? . I"ll decide on that a little later today evening.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
Today's plan - go through Powerscore CR bible and SC grail and do 5CR,5SC and 1 RC. I think I'm done with Quant.
I may take a prep test tommorow morning just to make sure I remember the GMAT screen ;-)

I also noticed that the GMAT prep tends to penalize us a lot for RC wrong answers! LAst time, I got 8 SC wrong,2CR and 2 RC. My score was 610. This time I got 4-5 sc wrong, 6 CR and 5 RC wrong. These RC mistakes have costed me heavily! Need to practice 3-4 RCs more, upto G-day!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
I'm almost there. My G-Day is tommorow! :|
I reviewed the Powerscore CR bible yesterday. This really helped me retain the CR concepts . Also went through the Verbal flashcards posted by whiplash in the Verbal forum. Did not do any Quant practice/review. Also, too a GMAT prep test this morning and got a :arrow: 560 Q35, V 32 :x Lol, looks like my score is going lower and lower! I don't know what to expect tommorow but will still go in with a positive mind, This is my lowest quant score ever and the test exposed my weak areas :-( : I'm bad at those problems that combine avg,mean etc and some co-ordinate geometry and I got a lot of these on this test!

So target for today: review all my flascards and sleep early today! Tommorow will wake up and do 2-3 problem from Quant and 2-3 Cr/SC questions before I head to the centre. My test is at 12 noon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 428 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Kudos
heygirl wrote:
I'm almost there. My G-Day is tommorow! :|
I reviewed the Powerscore CR bible yesterday. This really helped me retain the CR concepts . Also went through the Verbal flashcards posted by whiplash in the Verbal forum. Did not do any Quant practice/review. Also, too a GMAT prep test this morning and got a :arrow: 560 Q35, V 32 :x Lol, looks like my score is going lower and lower! I don't know what to expect tommorow but will still go in with a positive mind, This is my lowest quant score ever and the test exposed my weak areas :-( : I'm bad at those problems that combine avg,mean etc and some co-ordinate geometry and I got a lot of these on this test!

So target for today: review all my flascards and sleep early today! Tommorow will wake up and do 2-3 problem from Quant and 2-3 Cr/SC questions before I head to the centre. My test is at 12 noon.

Hey girl,
First of all, congrats on the verbal score :cool
I don't think the test is intelligent enough to reveal your weaknesses :wink: , so do not assume that these question types show up because the test "knows" that they are your weak areas :D.
So come to the test center and think that you are prepared to deal with ANY problems the test can throw at you :m16 . If you don't know how to answer a question, then use the POE, make an educated guess, and move on.
You should feel confident because you have done anything you can to prepare for the test. If I were you, I would do the following:
1. Do not think about the practice test and make (unnecessary) assumption
2. Relax and eat a healthy meal
3. Pray for the best

Keep on Fighting till the end!
:gl
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
windofchange,
i'm going to do exactly that: not think of the test, eat well and sleep well. funny thing is i scored my max quant score in the last gmat prep test and scored my max verbal score in today's quant test. LOL. i only hoope I can combine the two best scores tommorow.
however, will need to look at my errorlogs/flashcards one last time.
my memory is pretty volatile and i dont tend to remember the concepts and strategies if i don't review them every 24 hours. haha.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
Just out of the Test centre. Got a 480. I don't know how this happened. My quant went terrible q33 v23
I have never scored below530 in any practice test :-(
May be i have to retake

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Sorry to hear you scored lower than you had hoped.

The good thing is that it's still early in the year, so if you decide to retake it, you have a bit of time to regroup.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q39  V20
Send PM
Yes there is time for 2012admissions.however, on second thoughts I want to rethink my decision to retake The GMAT
jko wrote:
Sorry to hear you scored lower than you had hoped.

The good thing is that it's still early in the year, so if you decide to retake it, you have a bit of time to regroup.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Founder
37598 posts