Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 00:12 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 00:12
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Columbia (matriculating 2013), Booth (admitted), Wharton (WL)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Sloan(WL), Johnson(Int-Waiting)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools:Foster, Sloan (WL w/int.), Kellogg, Anderson
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan Fall 2011 WAITLISTED [#permalink]
Just received a Ding! Anyone else? I was pretty surprised as I thought MIT usually don't ding WL'd candidates until at least towards the end of the summer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Just got a ding as well from R1 waitlist. I had sent in a big promotion update too and letter of intent the last week of March. I read through all of the waitlist chats from the past few years, and don't remember seeing anything about being dinged from the waitlist until Sept. In fact it was mentioned that they keep a long list to ensure that they have everyone they need when classes begin.

I was strongly considering applying again next year, but I'm not sure what it means that I was placed on the R1 waitlist and have now been dinged early? Maybe they are oversubscribed in total based on R2 decisions.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools:Foster, Sloan (WL w/int.), Kellogg, Anderson
Send PM
mysamgmatclub wrote:
Just received a Ding! Anyone else? I was pretty surprised as I thought MIT usually don't ding WL'd candidates until at least towards the end of the summer.

Ding! Never felt great about my chances -- if anything, I'm very glad it's now instead of late summer. Now I can fully commit to UW Foster.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
miles123 wrote:
Just got a ding as well from R1 waitlist. I had sent in a big promotion update too and letter of intent the last week of March. I read through all of the waitlist chats from the past few years, and don't remember seeing anything about being dinged from the waitlist until Sept. In fact it was mentioned that they keep a long list to ensure that they have everyone they need when classes begin.

I was strongly considering applying again next year, but I'm not sure what it means that I was placed on the R1 waitlist and have now been dinged early? Maybe they are oversubscribed in total based on R2 decisions.

I was in a similar situation, sent them a letter around promotion and other updates last week as well, so I was starting to think my letter was not well received and triggered the ding, but now it looks like they did a WL review and trimmed it. Your reasoning about an oversubscribed R2 might be more sound. G'luck to all of us with other schools!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Columbia (matriculating 2013), Booth (admitted), Wharton (WL)
Send PM
Dinged as well. Good luck to those who are still on the WL!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Please add me to roll-call

R2/WL/F/Int/740/3.4 (engineering)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have any wait-listed people gotten MIT offers yet?

Can someone make an anonymous call to Jen B and ask? ;)

I'm wondering how long I should hold off on getting an apartment lease for another city.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys! You can add me to the waitlist roll call.

R2 / WL / M / Int / 720 / 4.5 years WE / 3.2 (Engineering)

I am really looking forward to having some news this week. My bosses have been asking non-stop if I stay or if I leave for weeks now. Has anyone called MIT to ask for an udpate?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Stanford (r2), Tuck (r2), Kellogg (r2), Yale (r2)
 Q41  V45
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Investment Bank-1 year
WE 2: Policy research - 2 years
Send PM
I actually called on Friday June 3rd. I'm still eagerly waiting as well... been putting a lot of other things on hold until this gets finalized.

The person who answered the main admissions line said they were evaluating waitlist candidates over the next two weeks...and that I shouldn't expect to hear before that ie - June 17th-18th.

I'm R1 / WL / M / International / 710 / 3 years WE in a non-profit. I interviewed back in January
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please count me in as well.

R2 Waitlist 730/3.5+/US/Non-Profit/5 year experience/Interviewed in March
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello there.

Quick question for international Students that may be in a similar situation.

My fall back MBA school (MIT is my top choice) has sent me an e-mail requesting to start processing my visa. I still haven't decided whether I would go to my fallback school or not if MIT dings me. I believe that I would just wait another year and give MIT another shot. However, I wonder if it would still be a good idea to start the visa request process with my fallback school anyhow, just in case I change my mind. In your knowledge, would it be OK for me to withdraw my visa request if I decide not to go to this school this year?

Another "fear" I have is that MIT may accept me after I start the visa request process for the other school. In your best knowledge, would it be possible to change the name of the school on my visa request in the middle of the process?

Thanks beforehand for your input!

Please
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: - Class of 2013
Send PM
Anyone heard of any movement on the WL? That July 1 date is getting mighty close.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Sortilegio wrote:
Hello there.

Quick question for international Students that may be in a similar situation.

My fall back MBA school (MIT is my top choice) has sent me an e-mail requesting to start processing my visa. I still haven't decided whether I would go to my fallback school or not if MIT dings me. I believe that I would just wait another year and give MIT another shot. However, I wonder if it would still be a good idea to start the visa request process with my fallback school anyhow, just in case I change my mind. In your knowledge, would it be OK for me to withdraw my visa request if I decide not to go to this school this year?

Another "fear" I have is that MIT may accept me after I start the visa request process for the other school. In your best knowledge, would it be possible to change the name of the school on my visa request in the middle of the process?

Thanks beforehand for your input!

Please

I would begin the process.

The school will have to issue you with an I-20 form after they check all of your funding and eligibility. This process will take at least two weeks (it does at my school anyhow) and you have to get the I-20 before you schedule your visa appointment at the consulate.

If MIT accepts you within this time frame then you would simply scrap the I-20 from your current choice and process your visa using the I-20 from MIT instead.

I would check with your consulate what the wait time is for visa appointments as well. That way you can have a good idea of how long you can leave it to hear from MIT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You will need to pay SEVIS fee (check your local consulate for price). It's only a couple hundred dollars max, and it will cost you another hundred or two to apply for the visa.

Total cost will be below USD$500 so its worth it. Just treat it as a call option.

The downside is once you register an appointment to apply a visa under that fall back school, all your application will be under that school name.

You can definitely change it, but it will take additional time and cost.

Assuming you are not jobless and have some money. If I am in your position, i would take that call option.

Furthermore, you can pressure adcom to give you an aanswer by using the VISA application timeline as an excuse. That way, they will either reject you or accept you and you get peace of mind.

Because even if they accept you in August, and school starts in the same month, you will not be able to attend anyway and you will be screwed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone have any recent news from ADCOM or know anyone that's been admitted yet ???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I called the Admissions office last week and was told that the 2011 class was overadmitted and overenrolled. So chances are that very few of us will get admitted off the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
waitlist11 wrote:
I called the Admissions office last week and was told that the 2011 class was overadmitted and overenrolled. So chances are that very few of us will get admitted off the waitlist.

Thanks, did they give you an idea of how many are left on the wait list?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts