Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:05 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Tuck '18 (WA)
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: LBS MiM Class of 2013,INTAKE 2012 CALLING ALL [#permalink]
patrickwestoo wrote:
Hey! I´m also applying for a business school master with starts next fall. What is your plan? Have you started Gmat? I´m looking for people who are also doing the Gmat now!
Write back and then maybe we could share some experiences!

yea i am preparin for the GMAT.wil take it in nov and apply during stage 2.wat about you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Awsome, same here! Working with the manhattan books now. What other kind of profile do you have? I´m also planning on visiting LBS in a month to see for myself and get some info. What other schools are you applying for?

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
patrickwestoo wrote:
Awsome, same here! Working with the manhattan books now. What other kind of profile do you have? I´m also planning on visiting LBS in a month to see for myself and get some info. What other schools are you applying for?

Regards

wow.So u gonna get a 1st hand look at things at LBS.do let me know what u find out.especially regarding their career services!

My proflie is pretty ordinary. I am an engineer in biotechnology.graduated in July 2011.did an internship last year and worked on a project during my final year. I will be working with the family business come November.
Right now I have not really shortlisted schools other than LBS.But if i get a good score, I might consider schools in France.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jai what college did you graduate from? Also the best way to find out whether your degree is recognizable or not is by emailing the university. But most half decent colleges in India are recognizable worldwide.

By the way where is veeru , lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chimpanzee wrote:
Jai what college did you graduate from? Also the best way to find out whether your degree is recognizable or not is by emailing the university. But most half decent colleges in India are recognizable worldwide.

By the way where is veeru , lol

Haha Veeru lol. are u Indian? u seem well-acquainted with Bollywood.
I must say your profile made for very good reading and you should be gettin an admit at any school of your choice!
I graduated from heritage institute of technology which falls under West Bengal University of Technology. It should be recognized coz our degrees are awarded by the AICTE which awards all technical degrees in the country.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I will call the career service office in my university and find out if heritage institute of technology under West Bengal University of Technology, is recognized or not. If it is recognized in my university, it should be recognized everywhere in the world, as my university is quite rigorous and ranks in top-50 world wide.

Yes I am desi, went to college in UK but born and bread in India.

Will let you know in few hours if your university is recognized.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jai, I called the career service office and admission office ta my university (University of Edinburgh). Your college is recognized, in fact its name was written on the list of institutions recognized in India.

Also your GPA is solid. Unless you dont tell more details about your extracurricular, I cannot comment on the extra curricular.

Now coming on your original questions

Also what would my job prospects be?

Consultancy, Banking Financial Services, Forum 500 companies. The average salary was around 45 K pounds. You can get a lot of details on LBS website.
Is this degree recognised everywhere in the world?
Not sure if you are serious, but it is NOT only recognized it is the biggest brand name in Business. Ranked better than Harward and Wharton last year I guess.

Considering the downturn in the UK would i be eligible for jobs elsewhere like singapore,australia,US etc?

With LBS on your resume you could be probably recognized on moon and Saturn also. Everwhere in the world except I guess Somalia lol.

good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chimpanzee wrote:
Jai, I called the career service office and admission office ta my university (University of Edinburgh). Your college is recognized, in fact its name was written on the list of institutions recognized in India.

Also your GPA is solid. Unless you dont tell more details about your extracurricular, I cannot comment on the extra curricular.

Now coming on your original questions

Also what would my job prospects be?

Consultancy, Banking Financial Services, Forum 500 companies. The average salary was around 45 K pounds. You can get a lot of details on LBS website.
Is this degree recognised everywhere in the world?
Not sure if you are serious, but it is NOT only recognized it is the biggest brand name in Business. Ranked better than Harward and Wharton last year I guess.

Considering the downturn in the UK would i be eligible for jobs elsewhere like singapore,australia,US etc?

With LBS on your resume you could be probably recognized on moon and Saturn also. Everwhere in the world except I guess Somalia lol.

good luck.

Hey man thanks a lot.Can i know your name?

Actually,the degree is a MiM,whereas MBA is the flagship programme for LBS.Hence I was a bit doubtful about how recruiters would react to a MiM graduate and not a MBA.
I was also considering applications to French schools as backup, in case LBS did not work out.
However I agree that the brand name of LBS is good enough to hopefully get me a job!
Thanks again.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Agreed that MIM is overshadowed by MBA and I have heard arguments on both sides. Some say it is better to go to the likes of HEC Paris for MIM. Also the MIM at LBS is new.

But LBS, Harward and Wharton are coveted schools in business houses. Also think about the networking opportunity you will get as with name of LBS you can network with MBAs and alumni.

The decision is subjective but I would definitely go to LBS.

My name is Varun Tyagi (brother of langada tyagi lol)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chimpanzee wrote:
Agreed that MIM is overshadowed by MBA and I have heard arguments on both sides. Some say it is better to go to the likes of HEC Paris for MIM. Also the MIM at LBS is new.

But LBS, Harward and Wharton are coveted schools in business houses. Also think about the networking opportunity you will get as with name of LBS you can network with MBAs and alumni.

The decision is subjective but I would definitely go to LBS.

My name is Varun Tyagi (brother of langada tyagi lol)

I agree Varun.LBS would be a 1st choice for me too.
So, are you considering applications to other schools?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am NOT sure if I want to apply in other schools, if I dont get admission at LBS. I have just started looking into B schools, since a few days. Do you suggest any schools in UK?

The other options is to start my own entrepreneurship venture in UK , by applying for entrepreneurship visa at UK. Generally if someone wants to invest 200k GBP in UK they get entrepreneurship visa, and I may be able to convince my family to do so.

What schools are you looking into?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I too started my research a few days back.At the moment I am looking at LBS and HEC.I have to shortlist more schools because my profile isnt very strong.
In the UK, you might want to check out courses at LSE,Warwick and Bath.I have not done so myself, but in India these schools too have a good brand.
Do keep me updated! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sure I will keep you updated, also remember that if you are NOT proficient in french than the networking opportunity at HEC are limited and job opportunities in France itself are limited too, if NOT proficient in french. But overall the school is pretty good.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah i know that.But if I could get an admit, I'd go all out to master the language as much as possible.The school has a strong European presence.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
hi jai,
LBS is awesome man...u can look forward to a very exciting and challenging international career after it...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhc22 wrote:
hi jai,
LBS is awesome man...u can look forward to a very exciting and challenging international career after it...

agreed.!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
abhc22 wrote:
hi jai,

Agreed, perhaps. But what makes you say so?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts