Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:40 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72922 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Re: TOEFL won't release my score [#permalink]
why not taking TOEFL in other test center?
I know it may cost you, but it wil eliminate the possibility that smth is wrong with equipment in that test center. Or may be the internet connection is slow and it causes problems.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pkit wrote:
why not taking TOEFL in other test center?
I know it may cost you, but it wil eliminate the possibility that smth is wrong with equipment in that test center. Or may be the internet connection is slow and it causes problems.

hi
Exactly wat I did the second time. I changed centers but had the same result. ETS's mail says they couldn't hear my responses. The second time I took it in a very reputable test center.
I still don't know what the problem was, but apparently it wasn't a test center problem
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 497 [0]
Given Kudos: 161
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Business Development
Send PM
weird. Any news?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
^well. This is really getting at me. After writing ETS, they said it had nothing to do with me. Said they had technical probs at their end. Very frustrating, especially after writing the second exam excellently well.
They gave me a voucher to write again and i just did a week ago. I didn't even put in serious effort, given all these disappointments. Am expectin to hear from them in a week...

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: Erasmus (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
I wish you to have the result this time!
They definitely should upgrade their techical system or begin to use real people!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
Ugh, I had the SAME problem.

It killed me.

I'm applying RD 1 for Wharton and HBS and I got a 110 last year, which really is low for these schools. I am very fluent in english and scored a 95% on the GMAT verbal and 6.0 on the essays.

I should easily have gotten a better score. I got a 118 3 years ago.

So I went to take the test on Sept 9th and got the same response that you did. They couldn't grade my speaking section and said it had nothing to do with the test center but their internal system.

So I had to apply with my 110, which thankfully, was ready and still valid.

VERY frustrating, to say the least.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mpg2011 wrote:
Ugh, I had the SAME problem.

It killed me.

I'm applying RD 1 for Wharton and HBS and I got a 110 last year, which really is low for these schools. I am very fluent in english and scored a 95% on the GMAT verbal and 6.0 on the essays.

I should easily have gotten a better score. I got a 118 3 years ago.

So I went to take the test on Sept 9th and got the same response that you did. They couldn't grade my speaking section and said it had nothing to do with the test center but their internal system.

So I had to apply with my 110, which thankfully, was ready and still valid.

VERY frustrating, to say the least.

I understand perfectly what you are going through. Mine waz not just frustrating because it happened twice, but also because I took the exams at two different top-quality centers!
Okay. I now had to travel many miles away from home (virtually to a different city) for the third exam in order to meet school deadlines.

Fortunately, I now have a result, but not without writing this exam three times. I scored 116! with reading=30,listening=30,speaking=26,writing=30. (Yeah, I admit I did quite badly in the speaking. But Joseph's template worked just fine!)
I know I would have scored far better (perhaps around 118-120), if my second TOEFL had been released. Do I have a feeling they just didn't want me scoring that high!? :?

Anywayz, am just so glad that I can now apply to grad school and that my scores meet the requirements.

Thanks guys for all the words/support!! :-D
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4391 posts