Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Re: Hmmm [#permalink]
sumeetmalik wrote:
Good to know that there exists such a case! I also got the feeling that Pepperdine is looking for high GMAT scorers. Well, I think its time to hit the GMAT books and forums then.
The optional essay is BTW for foriegn work experience, if any. I guess there is no other way for me but to sincerely work for a GMAT score and address the question of low GPA, if asked. Or should I add another an essay without asking them?
Thanks a lot for this info. God Bless you! If I get in I will certainly raise a toast to this.

Sumeet,

I concur with the other poster that a near 700 GMAT will surely get you in at Pepperdine. If you want a scholarship too, then aim for as high a GMAT as possible. If there are specific reasons for the low GPA, and especially if those reasons involve needing to work full-time or circumstances outside of your control, then go ahead and mention them *briefly* in a separate addendum. You don't need to give them a full-fledged essay. Keep it short and sweet. If you really don't have specific reasons for the GPA other than "focus," "maturity," etc. then don't bother explaining.

Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks [#permalink]
Paul,

Thanks a lot for answering. My low GPA has the usual reasons so I guess I will just live with it. My only concern is that I am an Arts gradute that too from a University where the GPAs are anyways low. I hope they are aware of this.

Sumeet
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Thanks [#permalink]
sumeetmalik wrote:
Paul,

Thanks a lot for answering. My low GPA has the usual reasons so I guess I will just live with it. My only concern is that I am an Arts gradute that too from a University where the GPAs are anyways low. I hope they are aware of this.

Sumeet

Sumeet,

You should be fine. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Updating [#permalink]
Dear Paul (and jayy178),

I took GMAT last week and got 690. Although I was hoping for a 700+ but time is running for me to apply this year. I have sent the score to Pepperdine and the initial response looks good. Now the wait is for their offer.

Thanks a lot for your advice at a crunch time when I was really struggling to find an answer to my situation. Without your assurance I would not have been able to concentrate so much on GMAT.

Regards,

Sumeet
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Updating [#permalink]
sumeetmalik wrote:
Dear Paul (and jayy178),

I took GMAT last week and got 690. Although I was hoping for a 700+ but time is running for me to apply this year. I have sent the score to Pepperdine and the initial response looks good. Now the wait is for their offer.

Thanks a lot for your advice at a crunch time when I was really struggling to find an answer to my situation. Without your assurance I would not have been able to concentrate so much on GMAT.

Regards,

Sumeet

Sumeet,

Congratulations and good luck. They should be thankful to get you. They have a beautiful campus...
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Updating [#permalink]