Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think:
Insead - good chance
Harvard - stretch
Chicago - GSB - good chance
Wharton - stretch
Yale - very good chance
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
I think:
Insead - good chance
Harvard - stretch
Wharton - stretch
Yale - very good chance

HelloJP,

I basically agree with sm176811, but I would tweak his odds downward just a bit from "good" to "decent" chance at INSEAD and Chicago because your bullet list of accomplishments kind of misses the point of what the top schools want -- leadership and impact stories -- which you did not directly provide.

Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rejected from Wharton and Chicago [#permalink]
pbodine wrote:
sm176811 wrote:
I think:
Insead - good chance
Harvard - stretch
Wharton - stretch
Yale - very good chance

HelloJP,

I basically agree with sm176811, but I would tweak his odds downward just a bit from "good" to "decent" chance at INSEAD and Chicago because your bullet list of accomplishments kind of misses the point of what the top schools want -- leadership and impact stories -- which you did not directly provide.

Good luck,

Hi,
I am extremely sorry for late reply. Got busy in the applications. Finally I applied to Wharton, Chicago, Insead, yale and Cornell.
Got Rejected from Wharton and Chicago :( . Still waiting to hear from Cornell, Yale and Insead. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Regarding Leadership stories, I have 3-4 quite interesting ones, which i have been putting in my essays. But still not sure abt the reason of rejection from Wharton and Chicago. (may be competitive Indian IT pool)

Which all other schools I should apply to? :?:

Seeing the result from Wharton and Chicago, should I try in any of Harvard, Kellog, LBS or Columbia?

Thanks in advance
JP
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Rejected from Wharton and Chicago [#permalink]
hellojp wrote:
pbodine wrote:
sm176811 wrote:
I think:
Insead - good chance
Harvard - stretch
Wharton - stretch
Yale - very good chance

HelloJP,

Good luck,

Hi,
I am extremely sorry for late reply. Got busy in the applications. Finally I applied to Wharton, Chicago, Insead, yale and Cornell.
Got Rejected from Wharton and Chicago :( . Still waiting to hear from Cornell, Yale and Insead. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Regarding Leadership stories, I have 3-4 quite interesting ones, which i have been putting in my essays. But still not sure abt the reason of rejection from Wharton and Chicago. (may be competitive Indian IT pool)

Seeing the result from Wharton and Chicago, should I try in any of Harvard, Kellog, LBS or Columbia?

Thanks in advance
JP

JP,

Sorry about the dings. I think they may be telling you that you are aiming a bit too high. So I don't think HBS, Kellogg, CBS, LBS would be the most logical choices. Consider strong finance schools like Duke, Michigan, Rochester, Carnegie-Mellon.

Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pbodine wrote:
hellojp wrote:
pbodine wrote:
sm176811 wrote:
I think:
Insead - good chance
Harvard - stretch
Wharton - stretch
Yale - very good chance

HelloJP,

Good luck,

Hi,

Thanks in advance
JP

JP,

Sorry about the dings. I think they may be telling you that you are aiming a bit too high. So I don't think HBS, Kellogg, CBS, LBS would be the most logical choices. Consider strong finance schools like Duke, Michigan, Rochester, Carnegie-Mellon.

Good luck,

Thanks for your reply. My revised list includes following school:
Stern, Darden, Rochester, UCLA, Duke, Michigan, CMU

Any thoughts on them.

Thanks in advance
JP
SVP
SVP
Send PM
hellojp wrote:
pbodine wrote:
hellojp wrote:
pbodine wrote:
sm176811 wrote:
I think:
Insead - good chance
Harvard - stretch
Wharton - stretch
Yale - very good chance

HelloJP,

Good luck,

Hi,

Thanks in advance
JP

JP,

Good luck,

Thanks for your reply. My revised list includes following school:
Stern, Darden, Rochester, UCLA, Duke, Michigan, CMU

Any thoughts on them.

Thanks in advance
JP

JP,

A very smart, focused list. All excellent programs, and all programs where you have a decent to good chance.

Good luck,
GMAT Club Bot