Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 19:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Please help to get rid of my Nightmares..

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Please help to get rid of my Nightmares.. [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2010, 00:23
Guys can you help me How do i over come this I am trying since i was a Kid.
I am prone to Mistakes,Careless or Silly Mistakes ( missing the Brackets,Sign, or completely Getting the Question Worng thinking this R8 this is due to my Hastiness)
I will tell MY GRE Story My GRE score was around 980 for 1600.But The Funny Part is my Verbal was way below down for the Level of Preparation i did. During the Exam I felt i am getting my words easier and easier and I think it was the last word FIASCO : utter Failure I was looking of this word i could not find but i found the Oppsite meaning big Success.Alas! that is the time i cam to know i goofed my self badly...trust me after this i was really hitting the r8 answers but it was too late. Hence of that my verbal Dipped like anythingi guess it was around 340 or something.. and my Q 640 this was in 2002...And this did not stop and it still continues I really Feel very Embarrassed when i do these type of Silly Mistakes.Trust me I am Excellent Motivator and I can Turn a Stone to Man with the level of my Talking.. I can do all these to others and all the people have really come up well.But i always end up in Mediocre.I get Nightmares That i will score around 480 to 500 in my real GMAT exam if your subconcious keeps thinking abt this and it becomes true . No matter what how much I tell my self "Every thing is OK " but i cannot Get out of this Mess.. God I forgot to tell you How i get Panicked or stressed and some time i will go nervoes to the extent where i cant even Judge r8 or Wrong and during this time my mistake rate soars high. pls advice as i donot want a embarrasing socre ..i have my Exam booked around MAY 28th 2010, I have got all MGMAT material and all OG guides..

I always have this in my subconcious that i will make mistakes and yes i do that again and again how much ever i try cannot get this out of my mind. (Trust me my wife thinks i am gifted yes indeed i am, to get a such a Caring Wife who helps me by staying awake along with me during my Prep. GOd atleast for her I shud Crack the Dream Score of mine.My friends thinks That i am their Encylopedia, Partly becos I am an addict of Wikipedia i can skip 3 time the food in a Day I cannot think of day wiht out looking into Wikipedia)I can talk about Electronics to Computer to anything (except Politics) and I always have the Curiosity to learn more and be more like a DIY person...I can Go on.
But I suck badly at Maths and get down to Nervous Breakdown i know there are so many people outhere Pls tell me how shud i keep myself Focussed and to get this idiotic Thinking out of my Mind.

The Greatest Mistake you can make in Life is Continually be afraid you will make one - Elbert Hubbard

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 327

Kudos [?]: 1575 [0], given: 354

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Please help to get rid of my Nightmares.. [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2010, 11:38
Expert's post
Everyone has own tools against panic and stress. That is my tools:

1. Imaging you get 200 in GMAT. Is it the worst thing that can happen? Are you sure? Did you see what happened with Haiti? That's terrible. Is 200 in GMAT so terrible? Of course, not. I think you will feel better if you admit the worst result and that this result is no so dramatic in reality.

2. One question in mind. It doesn't matter what's happened and what will happen. You see only one question and only this question can give you points or decrease your score. 2 minutes is a limit for your decision. Still don't have an answer? Guess and move to the next question. This is an adaptive exam and the better you perform the harder questions you see. Admit that you can't do all questions right, otherwise you would get 800.

3. Make a question as interesting for you as you can: exaggerate, be excited about this question, imagine that this is information you were looking for last 5 years! It helps you to thing about only this question.

4. Practice with full tests.

Hope this helps.

NEW! GMAT ToolKit 2 (iOS) / GMAT ToolKit (Android) - The must have GMAT prep app | PrepGame

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Please help to get rid of my Nightmares.. [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2010, 14:47
Walker,
Thanks Much! appreciate your reply.
I am making few Observations On my Preparations.In that way i am taking some Notes on my Progress each test or Drill i am taking but one thind is My Mistakes seems to be Consistent.Need towork on Mind to hand Co-Ordiantion..( i saw this Happening today when i paced my self wiht time attacking questions I see that my mind calculates r8 but my hand doesnt Pick this r8 say Eg.. 2*12 = 24 whihc I know by heart but I dont know how would i put that as 44, these types of Mistakes are the one i encounter with .
I Tried with my wife, She gets wrong only When she doesnot know the answer not for the Question that she knows the Answers but makes Wrong..
But in my Case I know the Answers but I Am not Putting it r8.
I dont know this is with the Case with other people too.
Any how Please Others may also write their impressions( hey I am open to Criticism) On this issue.
I will Try to incorporate some changes in the way i approach Questions.

The Greatest Mistake you can make in Life is Continually be afraid you will make one - Elbert Hubbard

Re: Please help to get rid of my Nightmares..   [#permalink] 16 Jan 2010, 14:47