Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT Date: 09-02-2013
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [1]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.64
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Pls advice my gmat strategy [#permalink]
Thank you.
If Do the questions repeatedly won't do me any good, how am I going to improve my scores? What should I do?

I am poor at every section
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I plan to repeatedly read og13 until I have ability to reach 700 in prep test. I can't figure out effective way on my study plan except do the questions repeatedly until understand all the concepts. That will do me good, right?

jxatrillion wrote:
Hello Dywane,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find so many great resources here, including the people and practice questions. Regarding the OG, you will not get better by doing them repeatedly. You will get better by doing them and learning from them.

You mentioned that you scored a 410. There seems to be a strong foundation lacking so we want to have a better understanding of that before we can help you with a plan. Can you tell us a little more about what you do well or poorly on?

Finally, it is vital that you understand the fundamentals of the English language. Therefore, make it good practice to communicate correctly on the forum. It doesn't sound like English is your native language and that's perfectly fine. This forum can be a place for you to practice. Tell us a little more information and I'll try to see if I can help point you the right way.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.64
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
To be honest with you, I would highly recommend a reputable course where an instructor can help guide you.

If you believe that you can study on your own, I would say the 8 Strategy Guides are your best bet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
+1 for the Manhattan GMAT set of 8.

I also agree that if you can afford a tutor, that would be your best bet, especially i you're looking to go from a 400 level to anything near a 700 level.

Besides that, go through the forum and absorb all the advice you can - there's plenty to be had. There's also a great iphone/ipad app circulating around.

Something else you need to establish before blindly striking out are goals. What is your goal in taking the GMAT and what school/program are you looking to get into? While it is possible, scoring a 700 may not be in your best interest when scoring a mid 600s may get you to where you want to be.

What are your goals and how long do you have to accomplish them?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I will buy gmat pill, It well said. What is 8 strategy guides? Can you give me a link on that? I need a effective and efficient study plan for me to reach 700.

jxatrillion wrote:
To be honest with you, I would highly recommend a reputable course where an instructor can help guide you.

If you believe that you can study on your own, I would say the 8 Strategy Guides are your best bet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Send PM
dywane wrote:
I will buy gmat pill, It well said. What is 8 strategy guides? Can you give me a link on that? I need a effective and efficient study plan for me to reach 700.

jxatrillion wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Strateg ... 098417804X
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for help.

I will buy gmat pill, it is well said.

Besides the posts are not good. Different people have different ability on gmat, I think it is not helpful at all.

I have very low gpa in school, so I plan to get 700+. I want to be perfect to myself. If I can. I want to apply for keller graduate school of management.

I don't have goal. If I bought gmatpill, I will have 30days study plan. I need a tailored gmat study plan to help me move up the ladder.

what now am I doing just do the og13 questions repeatedly. I can't figure out other way.

albertaudi wrote:

I also agree that if you can afford a tutor, that would be your best bet, especially i you're looking to go from a 400 level to anything near a 700 level.

Besides that, go through the forum and absorb all the advice you can - there's plenty to be had. There's also a great iphone/ipad app circulating around.

Something else you need to establish before blindly striking out are goals. What is your goal in taking the GMAT and what school/program are you looking to get into? While it is possible, scoring a 700 may not be in your best interest when scoring a mid 600s may get you to where you want to be.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
what is manhanten gmat set 8???? Can you give me a link on that one?

dywane wrote:
Thanks for help.

I will buy gmat pill, it is well said.

Besides the posts are not good. Different people have different ability on gmat, I think it is not helpful at all.

I have very low gpa in school, so I plan to get 700+. I want to be perfect to myself. If I can. I want to apply for keller graduate school of management.

I don't have goal. If I bought gmatpill, I will have 30days study plan. I need a tailored gmat study plan to help me move up the ladder.

what now am I doing just do the og13 questions repeatedly. I can't figure out other way.

albertaudi wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
dywane wrote:
what is manhanten gmat set 8???? Can you give me a link on that one?

https://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Strateg ... 098417804X ...
Review:

2. Manhattan GMAT set of 8 Strategy Guides
Not to be over-zealous but I would say the most comprehensive self-prep money can buy
Strengths:
1. Very in-depth overview of every GMAT subject in 8 dedicated guides (each is 100-200 pages long)
2. Includes access to 6 online practice tests
3. Hundreds of additional targeted practice questions available online (get free access by using the codes inside of each book)
4. Includes the best of the best gmat books such as: MGMAT Number properties, MGMAT Word Translations, MGMAT SC, MGMAT CR, and MGMAT RC
Weaknesses:
1. Requires Official Guide for best results (additional practice questions)

best-gmat-books-118706.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thx. but I am afraid I have to pass on manhanten, it is said not good. I want to buy gmat pill... Do you think gmat pill is good?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dywane wrote:
thx. but I am afraid I have to pass on manhanten, it is said not good. I want to buy gmat pill... Do you think gmat pill is good?

You can open any threads in "Share experience" box in our forum to see the quality of MGMAT....
I do not use any tutor service so there is no comment ....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html
Hope it helps... Gluck with your preparation.
GMAT Club Bot