Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Plz evaluate my Profile. Thanks [#permalink]
Ramsraj wrote:
solaris1 wrote:
Ram,

why do you want an MBA?

Please post a little more detail about your goals to give the others here a little more perspective. Your GMAT, GPA and employment industry by itself reveals very little.

You're interested in Finance. Ok, is that what you're looking to do post-MBA? IB, Research, Corporate Treasury?

IB is what i am looking at. My interest lies in Finance and i want to take this Investing into a big level.Thats my aim.I have even prepared some research reports on companies.( although they are amateur ones). I am actively into Investing and part of Investing Clubs in India. Can u tell me is it possible for me to move from this Software and take up Finance?

My advice to you is to purchase How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs by Richard Montauk, and read it through. Sorry if you have already read it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
89nk wrote:
Ramsraj wrote:
solaris1 wrote:
Ram,

why do you want an MBA?

Please post a little more detail about your goals to give the others here a little more perspective. Your GMAT, GPA and employment industry by itself reveals very little.

You're interested in Finance. Ok, is that what you're looking to do post-MBA? IB, Research, Corporate Treasury?

IB is what i am looking at. My interest lies in Finance and i want to take this Investing into a big level.Thats my aim.I have even prepared some research reports on companies.( although they are amateur ones). I am actively into Investing and part of Investing Clubs in India. Can u tell me is it possible for me to move from this Software and take up Finance?

My advice to you is to purchase How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs by Richard Montauk, and read it through. Sorry if you have already read it.

Thnaks, I have not read it before. But may i get ur opinion? Do i sound wrong or u feel the chances are less?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
You need to think about your goals a little more seriously, Ram. And emphasize how you will make yourself stand out from other IT industry folks considering to make a switch to banking.

Based on the little information you've provided no one can give you a reasonable assessment of your chances.

If you just want names of schools to research for starters, look at NYU Stern, Rochester Simon and Cornell Johnson if banking is indeed what you want to do.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
no where near enough details to really give you an idea. Dont convert your GPA, from what I know a 78% is very good from the top indian schools. Your GMAT is going to be low for your demographic, indian IT types seem to be among the highest scoring. Your career could be a huge plus or minus depending on who you work for and what you do.
GMAT Club Bot