Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 09:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Poor undergraduate performance - can I rectify this?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Poor undergraduate performance - can I rectify this? [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2008, 11:39
Throughout university, I never excelled at all. I didn't care about being in college, and to be quite frank, I was battling severe depression the whole time I was there (a family member was dying).

I know for a fact that I am a bright individual. I have the drive to succeed. Unfortunately my transcript does not reflect this (I majored in finance). I graduated with a B average from a decent school, but I do not have much work experience (I plan on changing this).

A university local to me offers a diploma program in an area of interest to me (real estate economics). The program consists of 12 courses, but I have credit for 4 of them. All the courses are offered in the school's undergraduate program, under their B.Comm with a specialization in Real Estate. I was wondering if I enrolled in this program and did extremely well, would this strength somewhat negate my poor undergraduate performance? My well, I mean an A average.

I'm really hoping to turn over a new leaf and get myself into a good b-school. Doesn't have to be top-5 or top-10, but something respectable. I'm just worried that I've dug myself into a hole too deep to get out of. I will not accept a GMAT score of less than 720.

Input? Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Poor undergraduate performance - can I rectify this? [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2008, 08:41
a B average? 3.0? That is not a dealbreaker for you. Concentrate on getting a high GMAT and excelling at work. I have no doubt you can get into a great program
Re: Poor undergraduate performance - can I rectify this?   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2008, 08:41