Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [14]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3156 [0]
Given Kudos: 322
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: My GMAT JOURNEY [#permalink]
Kudos
Someone PMed me. I am posting the question and replying here so that it helps the entire community.

Hi Navendu512,

Many Congratulations for a superb 760 :)

I need your help in Quant. I am scoring at around 47 on GMATPrep and want to take it to 50/51 in around 4 weeks (my test date). Is it doable in these many days?

How did you improve your Quant score to 51, which is really impressive? How were your Quant scores in practice?

I have studied the 5 MGMAT guides and I think my problem areas are coordinate goemetry, inequalities and combinatorics. Should I be practicing OG for Quant when I am already at 47? I ask this because I have heard and also felt that OG Quant is easy. How was the level of questions in the real thing? I get scared looking at some kind of questions. People say that stay away from OG Quant if you are above 45, so I am really confused.

What are your suggestions? I am willing to do whatever it takes but want a 5 as the tens digit in my Quant score :) I will be grateful if you can show me a ray of hope in this target.

Good luck for the applications :)

I think I was strong in quant right from the beginning of my prep; I was scoring 50-51 in almost all of the tests. Hence, my advice might not best suit you.
Coming to your query, I think 4 weeks is ample time to make the jump you wish to. 50 is possible; Once you reach a 50, scoring a 51 is all about practice. Having said that, it is crucial that you take the 4 weeks you have pretty seriously. Yes, OG has its limits as far as quant is concerned. I would advice you to write the free tests on the GMAT CLUB immediately to get a feel of the higher difficulty level questions. A key thing to understand is the reason why you are stuck at 47. Is it because of time issues? If during the tests you fail to understand the method that should be utilised to solve the question within 1:30 sec, move on. It's a big art- to let go! But it's crucial. Try to tell yourself that the question you couldn't do is an experimental question- after all, almost a quarter of the questions are experimental.
As I have written in my debrief, I referred to only the GMATCLUB book. Its really really good. I will suggest you another pdf that I used extensively for my quant prep. Please ensure that you do each and every question religiously, atleast from the topics you've highlighted above. Also, consider doing un-timed practice. Pay attention to concepts, new formulas.
Hope this helps!
Attachments

Quant 700 to 800 level questions.pdf [1 MiB]
Downloaded 221 times

Originally posted by Navendu512 on 01 Jul 2014, 10:31.
Last edited by Navendu512 on 11 Jul 2014, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Someone asked me for the set of the 700+ question I talked about in my debrief. PFA all the verbal resources I found useful.
Attachments

File comment: CR 700+ Solutions
CR 700 to 800 club Solutions.pdf [1.3 MiB]
Downloaded 205 times

File comment: CR 700+ questions
cr 700 to 800 level practice questions.pdf [729.38 KiB]
Downloaded 195 times

File comment: RC Passages's Solutions
RC 700-800 level_Solutions.pdf [415.31 KiB]
Downloaded 203 times

File comment: RC Passages.
RC 700-800.pdf [345.96 KiB]
Downloaded 180 times

File comment: SC 700+ questions+solutions.
A hundred 700+ SC Questions.pdf [472.69 KiB]
Downloaded 212 times

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi

Congrats on a brilliant score!! Thanks a ton for sharing all the material. You mentioned in your post that "A user on GMAT CLUB has integrated 20 topics of SC into a single doc.. Could you please post the document.

Thanking you in advance.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30801 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dear Navendu,

Thank you for your detailed debrief. I am glad that the focus on meaning helped you ace the GMAT and that you found the articles by Shraddha useful. Stay focussed during your application and you should be able to get an admit to one of the top B-schools.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana
Intern
Intern
Send PM