Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
pratyush09 wrote:
Thanks for your response Jon.

To give you more perspective on my current job profile it is indeed a leadership oriented role. It is positioned as a fast track leadership stint where you obtain a broad experience of the dynamics of the organization before focussing on a mainstream area where you would be driving key projects in the future. An interesting aspect of the role involves working with the leadership team on planning, strategy and execution. One of the major projects I have worked on involves devising a long term space strategy while taking into consideration associated element of tax exemptions - potentially 15 million USD. I am my manager's proxy for overseeing the overall progress of the space expansion projects. Additionally I have worked on projects which involved portraying the India centre (the 2nd biggest centre after the HQ) as the global hub for driving projects for the other global locations and thus driving more work in the pipeline for the India centre. I have also worked on significant HR related projects like attrition analysis, leadership hiring requirements, visibility strategy of the organization in India etc.

The organization is a giant in the Healthcare IT space with presence in 30 countries (major presence in US) - globally 20,000 employees with revenues close to $4.5bn. The India centre has around 2500 employees and is rapidly growing.

To give you an idea on my current plan for applications :
R1 : Kellogg, Booth, INSEAD, Columbia
R2 : Tuck, Darden, Fuqua, ISB

I would love to go to INSEAD if selected. I understand they do look for significant international exposure (perhaps a touch more than the other top schools. Is that a fair understanding?) . I have worked with several counterparts from the US in my current role besides being involved in trading in international commodity markets before. Do you think that would be enough to drive home my international experience (besides a short trip I made to the US for work).
Do you think I should make any changes here. Once again thank you for your insights and need I say would love to hear more from you.

Regards,
Pratyush

Dear Pratyush,
Happy to help, man.
Well, as a guy on a leadership fast-track in a big global company, you really can't go wrong. Health care is a very good industry too. I think your school list is pretty good, although you might want to have one or two schools outside the Top 10 (but inside the Top 20) to balance things out. (Say Tepper, or Anderson for example) I think you'd also be competitive at your favorite - INSEAD.

INSEAD does, as you have mentioned look for international experience more than the US goals - and here everything you have done that is international helps - Have you worked abroad? Have you collaborated with other offices? Worked in other languages? Managed teams live or virtually in other countries? And so on…. And the more you can get out of it, the better.

Hope this helps,
Best,
JF
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Jon :)

I would consider the schools you have mentioned. The only thing I can see there is that I don't want to go beyond a certain number say 8/9 on the total number of applications because I may not be able to put my best foot forward in that case on some of them.

As for INSEAD and even others would look to flesh out as much international exposure as possible based on the things that I have done keeping in mind your broad guidelines in the previous post. Thank you again.

Cheers,
Pratyush
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
pratyush09 wrote:
Thank you Jon :)

I would consider the schools you have mentioned. The only thing I can see there is that I don't want to go beyond a certain number say 8/9 on the total number of applications because I may not be able to put my best foot forward in that case on some of them.

As for INSEAD and even others would look to flesh out as much international exposure as possible based on the things that I have done keeping in mind your broad guidelines in the previous post. Thank you again.

Cheers,
Pratyush

Pratyush,
You are welcome. And good luck to you.

If anything comes up in the future, you know where to find me :)

Best,
Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts