Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Schools: EDHEC FT'16
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 2583 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: GMAT 660 - need suggestion [#permalink]
Hi Hemant!

I'm in the same situation as you. I gave my GMAT 3 days back and got a 660 too (Q48 V33) and I'm looking to give the exam again. I would recommend that you take the exam again as well. Considering that 660 is a below average score for someone from the Indian applicants pool, it would be better if you target a 700+ score. I think in your case it is easily achievable, since your quants is already quite strong. You just need to improve your verbal and you can get there.

How do you generally perform on mocks in the verbal section? Are there any glaring weaknesses in that?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
getsunny wrote:
Hi Hemant!

I'm in the same situation as you. I gave my GMAT 3 days back and got a 660 too (Q48 V33) and I'm looking to give the exam again. I would recommend that you take the exam again as well. Considering that 660 is a below average score for someone from the Indian applicants pool, it would be better if you target a 700+ score. I think in your case it is easily achievable, since your quants is already quite strong. You just need to improve your verbal and you can get there.

How do you generally perform on mocks in the verbal section? Are there any glaring weaknesses in that?

Thanks for your sincere advice,
I feel the exam pressure caused the harm and led to lower the score by atleast 30.
In another attempt I will try hard to reach to the threshold of 700. and I feel giving more mocks will definitely improve to handle the pressure.

thanks again!! and all the best to you for next attempt.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 2583 [3]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Yes, the retake improvements are significant...here is a link to another post that has data on retakes (gmat-myths-from-gmac-conference-55310.html). The information is dated, but I think it should still be fairly accurate.

Here's a study suggestion for you...complete timed sets as you prepare. Take 20-30 minutes to work through 10-15 problems, then spend 20 minutes reviewing your work. It's like taking mini-GMATs all the time. Think of preparing for the GMAT like a marathon runner prepares - the bulk of the training comes in distances much shorter than a marathon.

KW
GMAT Club Bot