Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Please evaluate - Consulting Required - 700/ 3+ WE [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
bschool2k15 wrote:
Hi Jon,

A lot has changed since the time I posted the question and you replied. And with the changing circumstances, let me change my questions directed to you as well.

1. I am retaking the GMAT. There is absolutely no way I can live with this score. Hence, the G-DAY is 17th October now. Oh by the way, I got my official score report, it read something like this:
700 Q49, V37, IR7, AWA 6.
I don't think the AWA and the IR can offset the GMAT.

2. I declined the job offer of the program manager. Instead, I continued with my business plan and the freelancing bit. I had invested my savings into the business, somewhere in tune of 2000$, but things went south when my partner ran out. I have decided to pump in another 2000$ now. It is a dying venture which went down way too early, but I wanted to give it another shot.

So, well the question to you: Suppose I say that I NEED to get admitted to either Kellogg or Booth. How can I go from here till the time of application? How can I improve my candidature?

I intend to come to you when I start writing my application, but till the time I don't begin this application, please let me know how can we improve?

Lastly, I promise you a great story to work with!

Best regards.

Hey There,
Allrighty, so if you retake you retake. A 730 or above can help you out for sure (although it by no means guarantees an IN to Top 10 programs.)

Allow me to get a little ZEN on you. I'm not sure that "needing" to get into Kellogg will help you out. Actually I'd recommend the opposite. Apply to Kellogg, Apply to Booth, Give it your best shot. HOPE to get in. Have other plans. Maybe the BEST thing I can tell you is that although yes Bschool is important, and yes, you have to go the BEST school you can get into, etc. etc. in 10 years maybe all this won't matter. What I mean is what matters is not the Bschool as a ENDPOINT, but as a means to what you dream of. There are plenty of amazing, brilliant, and hugely successful people who go to a school ranked number 48.

Anyhow, if you are applying NOW, probably the best thing for you to have done was to have taken the job. It's MUCH harder to get into Bschool without a job, or a hugely successfully business. (although personally, I kinda like that you are taking this risk... it's my style :) ).

Best,
Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts