Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Extremely low quant score... but exemplary undergrad quant record [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If you want to live and work in Boston then I would go with Bentley or at least try and get into BC. Maybe talk with them one on one and see if there is some way you can maybe do the PT program as I think that has a lower admissions bar. This will allow you to network and intern/work during the day.

I always tell people to go where they want to live and work. If you want Cali, go Claremont. If you want to work in the South, go Vandy. Don't try putting a square peg in a round hole.

That being said, I would say that Philadelphia seems like it might suck, but the city is pretty vibrant and awesome. Much bigger than Boston. I'd take a trip and stay downtown and really feel it out. Nova is going to have more career options than Bentley so really decide how much going to school in Boston is worth it. But if it is what you want then 100% go to school there.

https://www.bc.edu/schools/csom/graduate ... ofile.html

Your GMAT is within their 80th percentile for the FT. I think you'd make up for it with your GPA which is above their average. You'd 100% get into the self paced program. Both will give you the same degree.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Extremely low quant score... but exemplary undergrad quant record [#permalink]
Yeah, I'd definitely choose BC over Bentley. I'm just looking at this in a glass half empty kind of way. Don't want to get my hopes up too high... again. I'm hoping that I can get into contact with someone from the BC admission's team before they reach a verdict on my app. I guess I timed this pretty poorly, what with winter break and all. Thanks again, though. Really appreciate your input.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts