Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink]
Does anyone know what is the intake for the program? On the website it says 4/5 is for the German Track and 1/5 is for the English Track, but it doesn't say the actual number of students who will be admitted and I'm sure that there is certain limit, just can't find it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I would like to know if it is easier to get in through the Enlgish track or the German & English track ? Probably the latter as it has a higher fraction of places I think E to EG ratio 1:5
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Anyone from last year's intake want to give their two cents on this program?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V34
Send PM
Hi everybody,

I also applied for mannheim for this year with 690gmat, 3.55 gpa and erasmus abroad. Is there anybody applied too?what do you think about my chance?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, what is the main difference between Mannheim MMM and the Mannheim MBA?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello,

I'm looking forward to apply to the Master in Management program for Winter 2015. I wanted to know if someone has applied to this program before and what were the results.
Also it would be nice if somebody could give some feedback on my profile and if I would have some chances.

I am an Industrial Engineer from Peru (University of Lima). Our study course has a solid base on Business Administration. I'm still wondering how to calculate the GPA, but based on our scale (0-20), I finished with 16.20/20. I have a 108 on the TOEFL, and I'm planning to write the GMAT on february. On the first simulation I did before my GMAT preparation I got 520 so Im hoping to raise at least 100-150 points by studying every day. (I'm with a professor).

In relation to my professional experience, I have been an intern in the HSBC for 3 months and in IBM for 1 year. I'm not sure if this counts for them. Also I had the chance to study abroad in Spain for 6 months.

Thanks in advance for your help an advice!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

did someone apply for the next term? the deadline was the 31th of May.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
Send PM
I have applied. The current status shows as "Assessment of Documents". Does anyone has any idea regarding the time when the decisions are notified?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My status is also that one, they will notify their decisions in 4 to 6 weeks after the application deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT Date: 07-31-2015
Send PM
Hi,
i am thinking about MMM, is it worth? Is it difficult to be admitted? I hope to get ~650 from GMAT. As I heard, this is really good program, isn't it? Are there any good tuition fee replacement for this program/uni? ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
daypro wrote:
panda007 wrote:
Hey all,

I am interested in applying to MMM this year. However, I wanted to know about the experience of any one who is currently taking the MMM program. How is the academic experience so far? Life in general? I tried to contact the Advising Department at Mannheim but have not received a response. Would be glad if someone can help out.

Life is not very cool there, its pretty much a uni for great high school students that do their Bachelor's in Mannheim and then move on to renowned schools abroad. The ones that get in Mannheim for the Master's are often people from bad German schools that are not considered universities. Anyway, there is always a high competition among them (they have to make up for something), so don't expect help from fellow students. Also, my advice, buy yourself a **** of Ralph Lauren garments, if you don't have them already. They will take you more serious!

That's bullshit. I guess you weren't admitted to the program or attend another German university and you are trying to talk Mannheim down. The MMM is one of the most prestigious Master programs in Germany - only comparable maybe with the Master programs of the WHU. The admission process is very competitive, the average GMAT of the admitted students of the 2015 intake was 680. The program is very challenging but if you make it you have very good job opportunities within Germany and in Europe. Mannheim and the WHU are the only German universities that are known and respected in other European countries than Germany itself. The students in the MMM are of course career-oriented, but there are also plenty of opportunities to enjoy your student life.

If you want to work in Germany, you won't find a better university than Mannheim in terms of reputation, teaching quality and job opportunities.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Shaqui wrote:
daypro wrote:
panda007 wrote:
Hey all,

I am interested in applying to MMM this year. However, I wanted to know about the experience of any one who is currently taking the MMM program. How is the academic experience so far? Life in general? I tried to contact the Advising Department at Mannheim but have not received a response. Would be glad if someone can help out.

Life is not very cool there, its pretty much a uni for great high school students that do their Bachelor's in Mannheim and then move on to renowned schools abroad. The ones that get in Mannheim for the Master's are often people from bad German schools that are not considered universities. Anyway, there is always a high competition among them (they have to make up for something), so don't expect help from fellow students. Also, my advice, buy yourself a **** of Ralph Lauren garments, if you don't have them already. They will take you more serious!

That's bullshit. I guess you weren't admitted to the program or attend another German university and you are trying to talk Mannheim down. The MMM is one of the most prestigious Master programs in Germany - only comparable maybe with the Master programs of the WHU. The admission process is very competitive, the average GMAT of the admitted students of the 2015 intake was 680. The program is very challenging but if you make it you have very good job opportunities within Germany and in Europe. Mannheim and the WHU are the only German universities that are known and respected in other European countries than Germany itself. The students in the MMM are of course career-oriented, but there are also plenty of opportunities to enjoy your student life.

If you want to work in Germany, you won't find a better university than Mannheim in terms of reputation, teaching quality and job opportunities.

I am currently enrolled in the MMM and can only second your thoughts. In April there are recruiting events and lectures from 3i, BCG, Zalando, Marcus Schenk (CFO Deutsche Bank), Barclays, McKinsey, Commerzbank, EY, KPMG, PWC, Droege, H&M, Fintechs (Landstar, Cookies, Guidants), DHL Consulting, Commerz Consulting, Ebner Stolz, ZEB, DHL Consulting, Deloitte on campus. Additionally there is the Mannheim Career Fair where basically every huge employer in Germany is recruiting. If you want to work in Europe and especially in Germany, Mannheim is the way to go.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink]
Markmal wrote:
Shaqui wrote:
daypro wrote:

I am currently enrolled in the MMM and can only second your thoughts. In April there are recruiting events and lectures from 3i, BCG, Zalando, Marcus Schenk (CFO Deutsche Bank), Barclays, McKinsey, Commerzbank, EY, KPMG, PWC, Droege, H&M, Fintechs (Landstar, Cookies, Guidants), DHL Consulting, Commerz Consulting, Ebner Stolz, ZEB, DHL Consulting, Deloitte on campus. Additionally there is the Mannheim Career Fair where basically every huge employer in Germany is recruiting. If you want to work in Europe and especially in Germany, Mannheim is the way to go.

Hey Markmal.
I found your information enlightening,Could you help me out by telling me that when exactly is the examination of documents in the faculty complete i.e. when do we get to know whether we are in or out, or is it only in beginning of july. My GMAT is 700, first class in graduation- 62% pune university and 2 internships of 10 months in total. What would be my chances of getting in if you might have some clue?
Thank you.
Rahul chopra
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
What are the chances of landing a job for a non EU(indian) and non german speaking person after completing the MMM frkm Mannheim?
I will learn german for 7-9months here because I have time till fall 2017 but idk if that'd suffice.

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey Kartik,

Mannheim is a great school and will give you a lot of opportunities.

That said learning german will improve your graduation prospects by a minimum of 3 times, so I would suggest using the time you have until the august fall session, to brush up your german and them keep learning them while at Mannheim.
You should reach B1 or B2 by the end of your course and that would make you more or less placement ready.

Apart from that you will need to ensure that the skills you have are relevant to the job market, so taking up projects, workshops etc would help you land a job.

Hope this helped
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 560 Q43 V23
GMAT 2: 570 Q42 V26
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
What is the minimum undergraduate marks required for MMM? I have a CGPA of 6.45/10, if i get above 680 in GMAT is there any chance of my selection. I have three years of Work Experience.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey,

There is no minimum undergraduate requirement, but a 3.5+ / 4 will greatly increase your chances. A 680 GMAT is a very good score and will increase your chances. However, the admission committee evaluates all aspects of your profile and the GMAT score isn’t the most important part of the application.
Your chances of getting selected also depends on your relative competition so in the meanwhile focus on improving your profile.

You can take up our profile evaluation test to get an in-depth understanding of your chances of getting in.
Here is the link to the same: https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3 
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts