Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: 2 months of prep lead to a disappointing 510! I need some Guidance. [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC: Yes, the College(RSM) has an admission deadline until May, but I've heard that, the sooner you apply the better also to add most Schools i have in mind have deadlines till may, so if i retake the exam in Jan, it should be fine

OptimusPrepJanielle : to Answer your 5 questions
1. NO
2. Yes(OG) Verbal Review(I don't have this, what i do have is MGMAT Foundations in Verbal from which most of the questions have been solved )
3. I completed both the sections, I ran short of time in quant: so i guessed 7 and went to the last question , and guessed 4 RC questions in Verbal.
4. Yes
5. (36Q,25V)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Re: 2 months of prep lead to a disappointing 510! I need some Guidance. [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey buddy....
I also had the same problem...my first mock : 380
After one month:370
I used the same materials as you did...I was getting nowhere...then I decided to buy online courses and now my score is around 620 and I have 2 more months to GMAT.
I will suggest you to buy a online course because no matter which book you use it will not help you....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Ashandilya,

All things being equal, if you have a strong OVERALL application, then it's generally better to apply for an earlier application Round than a later application Round. That having been said, you still need the strong overall application... and if you 'rush' to submit an application that is NOT strong, then you're not likely to receive an invite. While it's understandable why you're focused on the deadline(s) that you've noted, you have to remember the 'big picture goal': to get into your first choice School. You should think in terms of how best to make THAT goal happen, then plan accordingly (even if it means that you have to apply later on).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ashandilya wrote:

OptimusPrepJanielle : to Answer your 5 questions
1. NO
2. Yes(OG) Verbal Review(I don't have this, what i do have is MGMAT Foundations in Verbal from which most of the questions have been solved )
3. I completed both the sections, I ran short of time in quant: so i guessed 7 and went to the last question , and guessed 4 RC questions in Verbal.
4. Yes
5. (36Q,25V)

Looking at your score, there is a clear lack of understanding of fundamentals in both the sections.
I would recommend you to opt for an online course and then revisit the fundamentals. Sometimes taking a course helps you understand certain things that you cannot understand on your own. Also, buy the Verbal review for additional official question

In addition, try to drill down deep on each problem type:

SC: The questions test various concepts such as S-V agreement, modifiers, parallelism etc. Find out what troubles you.
CR: There might be certain types of questions that are troubling you. May be Assumption, may be conclusion, inference etc.
You need to find that out and then practice them
RC: This again can be drilled down into different types of questions and also different topics. See what questions and topics trouble you the most and then practice accordingly.
Quants: Again try to break the questions in topics such as Algebra, Number system (very important), Geometry, PnC etc.

As an addition, start preparing an error log and keep a note of all the mistakes you made and the lessons you learnt from the problems. This will ensure you do not make the same mistake again.
GMAT Club Bot