Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 02:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Predicament! Minimum GMAT met but lacking competitiveness!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Predicament! Minimum GMAT met but lacking competitiveness! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 09:50
Hi everyone,

This is my first post ever on GMAT club, so please forgive me if I make any errors in technicality, mannerisms, and/or protocols! Any helpful feedback would be appreciated!

GOAL:
- To get into Canada's McMaster (Degroote's MBA Co-op Program)
- Requirements:
-----GMAT scores: Minimum Q37/V27. Competitive total score = 600+.
-----Last two years GPA = B or better
-----Reference letters, behavior based interview
- Rolling Admissions
- DEADLINE: JUNE.1.2012

ME:
- CON: GMAT Score = Q38/30. Total = 570. (I only studied for a month because I found out so late AND the school works by rolling admissions so I thought the sooner the better).
- Kinda PRO(?): Graduated UofT with Bachelor of Science (last two years GPA = 3.6 <second-last year 3.42 + last year 3.78>)
- PRO: Experiences include Psychology research assistant (1 year), Volunteer leader at a clinic (2 summers), Volunteer and founder of a music program at a hospital (3+years). And a whole array of random jobs like Starbucks (4-5months), Tommy Hilfiger (4-5months), all with whom I have good relations! Oh, I also have been volunteering at a local church as a sound coordinator & technician (almost 2 years).
- PRO: Very strong reference letters (I still keep in touch!).
- PRO: I think I'm a pretty unique individual. lol.

(As you can see, I'm trying to outweigh my con with my pros, lol)

PREDICAMENT:
- I emailed the school for a pre-assessment but didn't get a reply (I understand it's a very busy time for schools).
- My GMAT score meets the minimum but lacks competitiveness...
- I don't want to give my score now and find out I was rejected for my GMAT scores.

So, should I wait for another month (Mid April) to rewrite my test? Or go with what I have given the rolling admissions?

Thanks, everyone.

Jong

p.s. GMAT Club rocks. It's so useful. Thank you!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 516 [1] , given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Predicament! Minimum GMAT met but lacking competitiveness! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2012, 00:48
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
If you believe you can get higher on the GMAT it's worth a retake! You only do this once, and even if it's a lot of work it's better to put that effort in to do it right! So put on your studying cap, tell your friends you can't go drinking with them for a month and knock the heck out of that GMAT!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Re: Predicament! Minimum GMAT met but lacking competitiveness!   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2012, 00:48