Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Re: Prep strategy for someone at mid-700s [#permalink]
You should still study very hard before test day. It is great that you score so well in practice tests but if you focus on extra hard questions you can improve your official test score even more. And at the end, the official score is what counts and not your practice test result ;-) So, you are not done yet but on track!

Identify where your weaknesses are and practice as many questions as possible in the 700+ range
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quick update - I took the test and got a 750. Q49, V42. Pretty happy with my score, hopefully it will be enough to counteract my 2.99 GPA in Engineering.

I barely finished the Quant section on time, and that made me very time-conscious leading me to rush on Verbal - I was halfway done before the 30 minute mark. Overall, I think my timing strategy was pretty good, however I can't help but wonder if I could have bumped Verbal up to 43 had I taken it more slowly.

Taking practice tests (I took 5) was definitely helpful, and I'm very glad I got the Manhattan GMAT notepad and dry erase marker - totally different experience from using pen and paper (protip: Use the notepad sideways, in landscape orientation. it's a lot easier to manage that way). However, two things I wish I did were: (1) do the AWA and IR on every practice test, and (2) time my breaks on my practice tests. I felt like I was rushed during my breaks on the real test.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi TheJame,

That's outstanding news about your Official GMAT. With a 750/Q49, you have a GMAT score that will make every Business School happy, so you should apply to any Programs that interest you.

Since this post is almost 3 months after your last post in this thread, I'm curious about the work that you did during that time.

How many additional CATs did you end up taking?
How did you score on each?

Congrats again on your achievement!

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
As I mentioned I took the test about a month ago in mid-June. Between my original post and the test, I did 2 more Veritas Prep practice tests. I kind of halfassed those, letting myself guess recklessly and giving myself extra time. I scored 630 and 680 on those two because I was so sloppy taking then. Then, a week before the test, I took my second GMATPrep practice test and took that seriously (did all sections, timed myself, finished in one sitting, no notes) and got another 760.

I also finished all the practice problems in my two books (MGMAT SC, Kaplan GMAT 700), and did all the Hard practice problems in GMATPrep.
GMAT Club Bot