Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1498 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i don;t know where you can get just the cd i recently purchased the PR book 2005 + the CD havent installed it yet though. paul would you recommend 2005 vs. 2004? how has the CD improved?

qhoc1000 - try ebay, i saw it last week.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
2005PR much better CAT
1- No repetition of RC
2- Inclusion of BF CR
3- Much more Prob, Comb&Perm problems, some of which very challenging under timed conditions
4- Overall math section is harder than 2004CD and more representative of the real GMAT quant; perhaps because of the Prob, Comb&Perm problems
5- SC are now underlined! This was quite an annoying lacking feature in the 2004 CD

To watch out for: Make sure you DON'T take more than 5 min break b/w the sections because the test will automatically reset and you will have to start over. I messaged PR tech support about this but all they could do for now was apologize...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just to share...

I got same set of RCs (dito, all the 4 RCs) in PR test 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Not one was different...

:shock:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
So far I have never seen a perfect CAT software yet. PR DOES NOT represent real GMAT verbal as many people said so. It may be just the first test. I think Kaplan Quan is the best, second is Crack GMAT Quan. However, Kaplan results are not good. Crack GMAT Verbals are completely irrelevant and contain many wrong answers and typos. The slowest software would be Peterson's Master the GMAT. This one uses MySQL server to load up its database, making it extremely slow. It takes 10 seconds for the software to load up the next question.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks for the explanation paul, i was thinking about getting the 2004 cd as well, but i reconsidered now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Stay away from PR 2005 CD for now - having TECH DIFFICULTIES [#permalink]
Paul wrote:
I did no have such problems but what I did not like from the 2004PR version is its repeated RC: You either got them right everytime or you repeated your mistakes. Either way, you end up not even reading the passages the second time around because you already know them. This in turn lowers your adrenaline because you have more time than usual for the test. I would suggest you the 2005PR which is very good.

PS Remember that with just any CAT, you will not be able to take a longer than 5 min. break after each section because the test will automatically resume after 5 min.

I had this exact same error - I took my five minute nap and the test resets itself. Also please do not try the Crack software... it is entirely different than the real GMAT -- sort of British type of wording -- real waste of time and energy. I was doing my studying in December 2004... there were problems with the server and it simply couldn't give scores. Finally, some PR technician posted a way to find your score by digging through several folders in your computer. Still you didn't get a break down of the types of questions missed or the explanations.

Try Kaplan 2005 CD better -- it will give you a score -- it's hard -- but it will get you ready. I would stay away from Princeton for now. PR could have done what Kaplan did and made it so that you get your scores and explanations for your practice tests. Instead they opted for the complications of getting results from the internet. Most probably to work against piracy... so that these tests can't be just copied and given to friends.

I would most definitely recommend downloading 800score.com tests. These will work in just about any computer... there is no CD that needs to be in the computer (I have an older computer and it just slows the movement of questions -- I hit my computer several times). 800score.com test are fairly cheap -- you get five sets of just the Verbal and Quant. They are very awesome... they use flash technology, so make sure you have the latest there. :P
GMAT Club Bot
Stay away from PR 2005 CD for now - having TECH DIFFICULTIES [#permalink]