Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Profile :| [#permalink]
At my father's firm, we manufacture critical components and assemblies for missiles for the army. My role was scheduling the load as per priority, preparing quotations for tenders and ensure that the man and machine utilisation was as high as possible. It had 50 people working and is a moderately big company with an annual turnover of about INR 35000000. I was technically involved with the company too.

we are sub contractors to the organisation with which i'm presently working. the reason i took up this job is because it was in the same line as my previous job and working with a government organisation is a very educative experience.

In the future, i'd like to look after my father's business and increase its customer base to the national and hopefully international regions.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sounds pretty good actually. Well the first thing you need to do is PROVE success. In a family business this can sometimes be hard because you don't really have the same boss oversight like you would in a corporate situation (it's most likely a dad or uncle or something), so the question is how can you CONCRETELY prove that you are doing a great job? Very often this will be through your work - Did you l and the biggest client in company history? Did you double sales? triple the workforce size? REduce overall costs by 30%?? All such things are very helpful to prove that you are a strong candidate. Beyond that, yes, it's a very good idea to do whatever you can to increase your involvement outside of work. Join/lead at least one community service group/event regularly over the next years. If you have any other projects like startups or advising, it can be good too.

Then of course, rocking the GMAT helps a lot too!
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi k9xlara2rr,

You have an average profile but you can make your application strong by working on few things like achievements in family business you are doing currently. You should also make your contacts with the alumnus of Schools you are targeting and based on the requirement you can improve on your extra curricular and GMAT Scores.

For online GMAT Preparation visit https://tinyurl.com/cp46f9x.

If you happen to be based in Delhi, you can attend a MBA workshop by the alumnus of ISB along with alumnus of various top global B-Schools during the dates mentioned in this links https://tinyurl.com/cjy62uh

Feel free to post further queries if you might have.

Cheers!!
Neha Singh
GMAT Club Bot