Here is my profile for evaluation. Would love to hear any thoughts you might have!
- BA in Economics from Harvard, GPA 3.18, June 2006
- GMAT 730 (V44, Q47)
Fluent in German and French
Work: 5.5 years by Sept 2012
- currently: 3.8 years at an independent asset manager based in Zurich, Switzerland. Promoted twice. As V.P. now run the office on a day-to-day basis (5 staff). Helped founder restructure and refocus business, growing assets by 50% to ~$225mm as a result. Deal directly with clients in 15+ countries, i.e. in their homes, and therefore have learned how to connect with a wide-variety of people. Successful mentoring of three direct reports. Very much an international, entrepreneurial environment.
- previously: 1.7 years in equity research at Eaton Vance, a $200B mutual fund company in Boston. Worked with analysts and portfolio managers on several multi-billion dollar funds, focused on analyzing companies in the energy and IT industries to find potential investment opportunities. Promoted at the earliest possible time.
- summer jobs during college:
-research-writer for Let's Go Travel Guides in Switzerland (a best-selling travel guide)
-taught English/helped design and run an English-learning camp for ~50 children in Russia as a contractor for Moscow's largest English language school
- volunteer co-coach a master's crew team in Zurich, led them to a Swiss championship in the Master's 8+ in 2010
- At Harvard, rowed on the nationally top-ranked lightweight crew team
- Was elected co-president of a 50+ member student group (student astronomers)
- during MBA: as many courses on entrepreneurship and product manufacturing as possible, internship at a start-up
- post MBA: entrepreneurship, see below
- dream: want to start, grow and run a world-class manufacturing conglomerate and bring high-value manufacturing back to the US!
- Harvard, Stanford, MIT Sloan
Would love to hear your thoughts! Also, I have my applications pretty much finished and am wondering if a 780+ GMAT would help in any significant way.