Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Profile Eval request: 730 Indian/Male/Financial Analyst [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Analytics is a hot area and recruiters are hiring graduates of these programs just as readily as MBAs, plus the degree is generally much cheaper and only takes a year instead of two in most cases. You should look also at Georgia Tech, who just launched a new program last year. Great brand name in Georgia Tech worldwide. You can choose the computing track, the Industrial Engineering Track or the business decision track--one year program. As for already having an MBA equivalent, you are right, in that many programs will question your need to go to school again, but the key is in how you present the program. Don't advertise it as an MBA equivalent--if you do, you will be denied. You have to couch it as post undergraduate business education, but not the same as what you would get from an MBA. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Bryant,

Just got pile driven into oblivion by INSEAD (R3) and Yale (R2) this year. Wasn't good enough to merit even an interview call.
Guess that knocks Columbia and other Ivy league schools off my list too...for R1 2017. I'm still retaining Kellogg & Booth from my original list...albeit in the stretch category. I am also more keen on Kellogg's 1 year program rather than the flagship 2 year program. Is that more difficult to get into? Given that I already have a PGDM from India, Kellogg's 1 year MBA program appears a better fit.

From outside of the top 20, I have Cornell, Darden & Ross in mind to finish off my roll of target schools for 2017. How do you think I am aligned at all of the aforementioned programs? I'm also considering a job change that has been due for a while but was put on the back burner considering application season was upon us. Will a job switch at this point of time hamper my applications for R1/R2 2017?

Can you please suggest some other programs you think I may have a fair shot at? Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

As always, thanks for all your help!
GMAT Club Bot